any NCAA division 3 NHLers?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
anyone know off-hand if there are any division 3 NCAA players currently in the NHL? i figured the odds of one making the show were pretty short, but would be interested to see the numbers.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dustin Penner played at Minot State before transfering to Maine

Minot State is actually a Jr College one division down from div three. There has to be the odd guy that has made it.

A few guys from CIS have made it. Which is better then Div 3.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
keith aucoin

yup - aucoin was the only guy i could think of...anyone else? i think guy hebert was probably the best D3 guy to lace em up in the pro ranks.

are there any guys in D3 currently that are worthy of being drafted?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
yup - aucoin was the only guy i could think of...anyone else? i think guy hebert was probably the best D3 guy to lace em up in the pro ranks.

are there any guys in D3 currently that are worthy of being drafted?

If memory serves me correctly, Hebert played at Hamilton College. Hebert and Aucoin, as you just mentioned would've been my guesses too.

John Carter, a Flyers draft pick is currently at Trinity College, I know that. Only other D-III I suppose could have a shot at the NHL down the road (albeit a long shot) IMO is probably Kyle Koziara out of Middlebury...the school that seems to have a lock on the D-III National Championship EVERY year.

Small Brain Presence

Greg Adams, who played for the Canucks, believe it or not actually played for a team at the University of Northern Arizona...whatever the heck that is.

It's a university that is, strangely enough, located in the northern part of a state called Arizona.

ralphie86

Plays With Squirrels
Nov 21, 2006
Pennbrook University
Minot State is actually a Jr College one division down from div three. There has to be the odd guy that has made it.

A few guys from CIS have made it. Which is better then Div 3.

Minot State is actually an NAIA school that plays ACHA Division 1 club hockey. Penner played for the Lumberjacks of Minot State University-Bottineau.

Patman

Feb 23, 2004
www.stat.uconn.edu
Greg Adams, who played for the Canucks, believe it or not actually played for a team at the University of Northern Arizona...whatever the heck that is.

That'd be Division I University of Northern Arizona (based in Flagstaff I believe)... they folded up shop in 1988(?) They played in a 4 team league with Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks, and US International for a few years.

edit: Kryger was a product of University of Connecticut back in the Division III days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad