Speculation: Any interest in Robin Lehner if available?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
With the emergence of "The Hamburgler", do you think GMTM kicks the tires on a trade to bring Lehner to Buffalo? The history between Muuray and Lehner is there, and Murray supposedly likes big goalies.

Lehner had a down year but his career SV % is .914.

Obviously, this depends on if Ottawa even entertains trading Lehner. If they do, do you guys think Murray is interested?

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
With the emergence of "The Hamburgler", do you think GMTM kicks the tires on a trade to bring Lehner to Buffalo? The history between Muuray and Lehner is there, and Murray supposedly likes big goalies.

Lehner had a down year but his career SV % is .914.

Obviously, this depends on if Ottawa even entertains trading Lehner. If they do, do you guys think Murray is interested?

I'd bet money that Murray has his eyes on Lehner's situation and approaches his uncle about a trade for him if the Sens re-sign Hammond. Bryan has Anderson locked up and seems committed to keeping him as insurance while a younger guy is brought along. Hammond has obviously caught fire in Ottawa unlike what Lehner has done to date.

I'd rather not give up an asset, and bring in a FA like Niemi or Neuvirth

Personally, I'd rather have Lehner than either of those two moving forward. Of course, that depends on the price.

I have a feeling that Murray prefers to add a goalie in the same age group (22-25) as the core he's building around so they'd mature together rather than the alternative of signing an older free agent that is only a stopgap and short-term fix (which Niemi would be). Lehner, Jones, Markstrom and Raanta are all 25 or under - and all fit the size and situation (2nd stringers waiting for chance to start) that Murray said he's looking at. I also think a lot depends on whether or not Murray can sign O'Connor.

Given Neuvirth's parting shot at the deadline and that Murray hinted he wasn't in their future plans, I don't see a reunion being sought by either camp.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Senators have learned enough lessons of trading their goaltending assets with in the division.

schickster

Jan 21, 2014
Lehner+ Prince
for
Hodgson@50% + 2015 NYI 2nd rd

None of the parts are in the future plans of their current teams.. Makes too much sense not to make trade.. Hodgson needs a change of scenery. He is NOT a bad player, just in a bad spot

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I hope Murray would at least kick the tires there. Lehner's really young, he's had some great stretches in the NHL, and Murray is at less familiar with him. He's had a down year, so why not try to buy low on him and then maybe hedge our bets a bit by trying to sign a vet on a short term deal as well?

wheelklown

Dec 19, 2014
Batavia, NY
I dont see Ottawa having any interest in Hodgson but if TM could pull it off I would love a swap around Hodgson & Lehner... Would give each player a fresh opportunity going forward.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Lehner is garbage, simply put a trash can goalie who doesn't even get picked up for a spot start in fantasy because owners know what they are getting.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I will tell you what. If you think Robin Lehner is a starter and worth going for rather than the most over qualified back up and future star in Cam Talbot I have no hope for any of you. Robin Lehner isn't just having a bad year. He is just bad. He's a career backup. I wouldn't give more than a 5th round pick, you might have to pay a 4th due to Ottawa's belief he has potential. I know it's laughable but he's nothing special.

You can hate on Fantasy all you want but playing it for the entire season on top of many years in a competitive league, head to head weekly I get a full scope on the day to day play of players. I notice trends which stats don't show like cold spells over how many games. I also have in depth stats per game. So I have insight and Lehner having a down year is laughable. The guy is a liability every time he's in net. Anyone can have flashes of a hot streak ie Martin Jones last year but then reality hits and you see the pile of cole they really are.

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008
You lost me at future star Cam Talbot, couldn't bring myself to read anymore. Lehner could be worth taking a flier on but I wouldn't be giving up much of value to do it.

ZeroPT*

will tell you what. If you think Robin Lehner is a starter and worth going for rather than the most over qualified back up and future star in Cam Talbot I have no hope for any of you. Robin Lehner isn't just having a bad year. He is just bad. He's a career backup. I wouldn't give more than a 5th round pick, you might have to pay a 4th due to Ottawa's belief he has potential. I know it's laughable but he's nothing special.

You can hate on Fantasy all you want but playing it for the entire season on top of many years in a competitive league, head to head weekly I get a full scope on the day to day play of players. I notice trends which stats don't show like cold spells over how many games. I also have in depth stats per game. So I have insight and Lehner having a down year is laughable. The guy is a liability every time he's in net. Anyone can have flashes of a hot streak ie Martin Jones last year but then reality hits and you see the pile of cole they really are.

I don't think you understand how mutual the feeling is.

Last edited by a moderator:

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
I'd love to bring in lehner. He's still 23 calling him a career backup is just silly. I'd love to check in on kuemper too if they lock dubnyk down in Minny

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Im not a fan of Lehner either. Every time I've watched him this year hes had big trouble with rebound control. Similar numbers to Lindback.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
You lost me at future star Cam Talbot, couldn't bring myself to read anymore. Lehner could be worth taking a flier on but I wouldn't be giving up much of value to do it.
Ok explain. You don't know who Cam Talbot is.

Tell me how a guy who plays a very limited amount of games because he's behind one of the best goalies in the league can come in and play like he belongs each and every night?

The guy posts a career 2.00 GAA

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Ok explain. You don't know who Cam Talbot is.

Tell me how a guy who plays a very limited amount of games because he's behind one of the best goalies in the league can come in and play like he belongs each and every night?

The guy posts a career 2.00 GAA

Having the president trophy winning team in front of you might be a factor. Just guessing here.

Lehner: If he comes fairly cheap (late 2nd max), I'd go for it.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
i want a proven, legit NHL starter...not another 'upside' filler.

overpay Niemi for 2 years and sign one of the 'upside' guys as a backup.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
pass on Lehner, Neimi, Enroth, Neuvrith ect... Lets get a real goalie in here. Draft one or trade for one, Anderson, Gibson, or even take a look at Bishop. I dont follow goalie prospects but I would look at Subban not sure Fucale will be a star but we dont need I proven 1A goalie next year so I think looking at some prospects and seeing if a team will part with them is worth a shot.

Also I can't see Murray passing on Vladar if he is around with NYI second.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Lehner has never impressed me.

If you could get him for like a 3rd or so..sure why not. (If Johnson doesn't stick around) I'm not beating any doors down for him tho

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Hammond looks awfully sloppy. His technique is.. All over the place. I'm beginning to think this is just a hot streak and am doubting he'll keep this up. I'd much rather have Lehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad