Any Hope Ever for the Arizona Coyotes?

Lame Staley

Nov 3, 2017
Is this franchise forever? Logistically, speaking they are pretty awful and it's not like they'll ever get a huge FA signing because it's not a hockey market. The only thing I can think of is Domi becomes an elite offensive threat, Strome becomes a stud, they pick Dahlin and Auston Matthews decides to play in his home state when his contract is up--very theoretical, I know.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Just got there first home win...in overtime.

2nd win in there first 15 games.

0 Regulation wins in there first 15 games.

They have 5 of a possible 30 pts.

Rick Tocchet and John Chayka must be suffering from insomnia.

Anti Raanta doesen't look like the answer. Derek Stepan didn't seem like the answer. There whole structure leaves a lot to be desired> This isn't bashing this is just an assessment. I'm in no position to bash another team.

They've got so many good prospects and young players but ....eh....DOmi needs to come around too.

KELLER is unreal.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
In theory they could be good in the next couple years if Keller and Domi hit their potentials and if OEL stays.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Coyotes have sucked for the most part with a few times being good making the playoffs. This thread is IMO just crazy. They won't forever suck failing to make playoffs.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that's some major major talent in the pipeline, i would expect some speedbumps in going away from tippett's "system" and losing mike smith who singlehandedly carries teams to wins some nights

i expect them to be pretty nasty in the next few years, i don't think they're too dissimilar from the devils but the devils turned it around quick

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Going forward...

1C - Stepan ???
2C - Strome ???
3C - Dvorak

1D - Ekman-Larsson (stays?)
2D - Chychrun (stays healthy?)
3D - Goligoski/Hjalmarsson
4D - Joseph/Westerlund ???

GK - ??????????

It basically comes down to figuring out those 8 positions IMO. They have SO much talent at wing that it would be hard to screw it up. Develop your young guys, sign/trade for two or three depth players that don't suck, and you're good to go.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
They've got a good young team, but we've been saying this for years. As much as I love Phoenix and area that team has to move. Its out in the middle of nowhere. There are handfuls of empty luxury suites at home games. Handful of empty seats all over that rink unless a big name team comes to town. Its gotta move.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think there's a good chance they go on a bit of a run, and get themselves back on pace to finish with quite a few more points than Colorado had last year.

Only because no team in the NHL is bad enough to sustain this pace. They've been so bad, they're probably still gonna finish last or bottom 3, if they have a pretty decent 10 game stretch at some point.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
187608.jpg

Reactions: serp and Mav3rick07

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If they had won the Matthews lottery they'd be a completely different team.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
There was a thread posted just like this recently . I'll just give the same response I did in that thread .

I like their young group of players they have potential there's no doubting that .

I'm a fan of

-Keller
-Domi
- Duclair
- Dvorak
- OEL
- Rantaa
-Crouse

They do , however , look like an AHL team.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
at least they have a dmen that would be the best in Canucks' 47 year history

Seems so long ago when they made the Western finals in 2012

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
The feeling I have regarding Arizona is after every draft I think this year they will be good. Somehow it is not working out for them.

But it won't suprise me if they are in the playoffs after this season... (but I think that every year)..

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
They do , however , look like an AHL team.

There are so many teams in the league now some are bound to look quite AHL-ish. Coyotes' definitely one of them. You can't win a lot of games if Stepan is your #1 C and the team is full of guys like Luke Schenn, Clendening, Connauton, Martinook, Rinaldo, Mario Kempe....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad