Any Experience with Intensive Hockey Training?

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Recently I've noticed that I'm pathetically lazy and out of shape. Many things have suffered due to this, among them my ability to make gains in hockey. It feels like I'm running in circles without doing anything resembling running (bad joke).

Anyway, my question is about training programs that involve speed and agility workouts paired with strength training. The kinds of programs that incorporate circuits of sled pulls and shuttle runs etc along with the usual lunges and squats and cable based exercises. The kinds of programs summer hockey camps usually institute.

I have no money and I hate summer, so here we are....

Has anyone made a decent program on their own?

I used to do the 5x5 routine and while it helped out my skating I'm looking to go bat**** and completely focus on training specifically for hockey. I'm intersted to know who trains specifically for hockey and what a typical week breaks down to.

Its always bad when you convince yourself that you can improve simply exploiting your raw, baseline talents and in recognizing this I have come to the conclusion that I need to blow it (me) up and get drastic about it.

Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry if this pretty well covered. I really didnt want to hijack other threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad