Any coaching strategy to hold the Pens to under 3 goals?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Wow...like I was saying....if you hold the Pens to under 3 goals consistently you win...wow.

Guy Boucher's system is the answer so far.

Not always.

We're 2-1 down, but could easily be 2-1 up with a lucky bounce in OT.

Not to mention we beat Washington 2-0.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Wow...like I was saying....if you hold the Pens to under 3 goals consistently you win...wow.

Guy Boucher's system is the answer so far.

Holding a team to under 3 goals leads to a lot of wins? Color me surprised.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Two of their more reasonable/best puckmoving D out is one hell of a reason. Take out Karlsson for us and we're doomed. The reason is real. We're about 80% likely to win now because of it, so I like it, but it's a real reason.

The reason is real, but it didn't stop them from beating the Jackets or Caps.

useless

Feb 2, 2011
The reason is real, but it didn't stop them from beating the Jackets or Caps.

Only Letang was out. It was our first line that was stacking up the points and causing our success. Then Crosby was crosschecked in the head and given a concussion and poof we magically couldn't score.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Not if they don't have defensemen who can get the puck to them. Take the #1D (presumably one who can move the puck) off of any team and see how they do. Suffice to say, they'll have trouble.

The Pens have more high-end tools at their disposal than any team in the Eastern Conference and likely the entire league.

They literally have the two best centers in the conference as a 1-2 punch, a complimentary ppg winger(several teams don't even have a ppg forward), and a handful of young potent scorers. Pittsburgh fans can't use these kinds of excuses because their teams roster when healthy is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
The Pens have more high-end tools at their disposal than any team in the Eastern Conference and likely the entire league.

They literally have the two best centers in the conference as a 1-2 punch, a complimentary ppg winger(several teams don't even have a ppg forward), and a handful of young potent scorers. Pittsburgh fans can't use these kinds of excuses because their teams roster when healthy is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league.

Yeah, but they are not even close to healthy so why is that relevant?

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, but they are not even close to healthy so why is that relevant?

Because pens fans are whining about injuries while rolling a more potent offence than any of the 'healthy' teams left

You still have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel+... I get that your d-corp is banged up but listening to Pens fans whine about how unlucky they've been is just hilarious.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I understand these are circumstances that you can't change (in terms of injuries),

but being a good team entails being deep and being healthy in my opinion.

Best example, if a player scores 100 points per game, but can only play one game per season,

what value does he have? Durability is as important an individual skill as depth is for a team.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Because pens fans are whining about injuries while rolling a more potent offence than any of the 'healthy' teams left

You still have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel+... I get that your d-corp is banged up but listening to Pens fans whine about how unlucky they've been is just hilarious.

Still makes no sense. Pens are still missing 4 very important players for this team. So instead of this series being a toss up without those guys, with them it may have already been decided..or close to being decided.

That's the difference.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Throw blatant elbows to the heads of all their players until their roster is all Wheeling Nailers. Should do the trick these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad