Any chance Kulemin re-signs with TO?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Not going to lie I kind of feel bad for Kule. The plan was for him to play in PIT's but I guess with the Ehrhoff signing there may not been enough cap space for him.

Do you think we have a chance to resign Kule? Do we have the cap room?

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
Doesn't look like too many other teams are offering him top 6 spot right now.

Ace88*

Id like to sign him and play him on that 2nd line RW or 3rd line C spot. He's proven he can handle both, why not give him his own line to anchor if he can't hack it with Lupul and Kadri (which we know hes done before)?

Id give him 3 years at $2.2 - $2.8 mil.

DoubleDouble*

Why do we want him back so badly? Am I missing something?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We don't really have a spot for him. We just filled our top 9 with Komarov and Frattin

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
It looks like TO has room for a top 6 forward..depending on how Clarkson play's. I can see Clarkson starting on the top 6 (only because of his contract does he get this opportunity) but then sliding back down to the 3rd line inwhich Kule would be moved up.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Why do we want him back so badly? Am I missing something?

To me, Kulemin is the best fit of the remaining UFAs.

He's versatile. He could be the defensive presence in the top six, or he could even play bottom six centre if needed.

I think it's unlikely, though.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
hopefully him and grabo go to russia together and make more money than here.

**** the leafs

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Pittsburgh has 8m in cap space and still need to sign RFA's Spaling and Sutter so its doubtful they sign Kulemin at what he wants

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Not unless we promised him top-6 minutes, which is what he's looking for.

other then possibly the penguins how many teams would want kulemin in the top 6. on the leafs he would at least have a chance considering our options. its my understanding he has little children. i can only imagine how uprooting it is to move your whole family. maybe nonis can convince him to stay. he has been here a long time. he hasnt been an issue to sign in the past. if they gave komorov $3 million x 4 how much more can kulemin really be? maybe $3.5 million x 5 years with a limited ntc/nmc?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Nope. Pittsburgh hit a cap speed bump when they signed Ehrhoff surprisingly so I think he's patiently waiting to see if they shed Scuderi or Dupuis.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Apparently Pittsburgh aren't even interested anymore. His agent has already already thanked and said goodbye Toronto so I think the Leafs just flat out arent interested. Maybe if it goes later into FA and nobody signs him and his price drops to under 3 then we might bring him back.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I really hope he does.

In its short time together, I really thought Kulemin-Holland-Clarkson was an awesome line. They didn't play much together at all, however. But it was an incredible beastly cycle/possession line, I thought Clarkson was at his best playing on that line.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Not Komarov and I'm sure the Leafs would have been happy to bring him back at Frattin's rate.

best pump the breaks on your komarov hype, kulemin is the better player overall, especially on PK and still has a chance to bring a scoring touch. Leo just adds a physical component lacking on the leafs with clarkson busting in every facet of his game and losing bolland.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
best pump the breaks on your komarov hype, kulemin is the better player overall, especially on PK and still has a chance to bring a scoring touch. Leo just adds a physical component lacking on the leafs with clarkson busting in every facet of his game and losing bolland.

I've never hyped Komarov, they paid too much for him IMO.
Kulemin can check but doesn't really bring anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad