Pre-Game Talk: Any Broadcast of First Preseason Game?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm still miffed at this. The NHL Network is showing a Maple Leafs game. Not to get all hyperbolic, but choosing Flyers/Leafs over Bs/Habs? The latter is quite possibly the greatest rivalry in sports. Okay, I'm biased, but still...

And the fact that they're showing a Caps and an Islanders game against the Bs just compounds the problem. Neither is in our friggin' division! For that matter, the same could be said of Toronto/Philly.

NESN to the rescue, please? Because the Sox have already clinched...and by clinched, I mean last place in the AL East.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Per Mike Loftus on Twitter:

@MLoftus_Ledger: #NHLBruins at #Habs is being broadcast Tuesday by 985/Sports Hub. Play-by-play man Dave Goucher says it is so.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Per Mike Loftus on Twitter:

@MLoftus_Ledger: #NHLBruins at #Habs is being broadcast Tuesday by 985/Sports Hub. Play-by-play man Dave Goucher says it is so.

I saw that but I was really hoping for some video stream especially now that I see it will be on Canadian TV I will have to hunt it down tomorrow night..

legardien91

Mar 9, 2004
Deerfield Beach, FL
Hockeystreams.com will have the game (presumable the RDS feed) if anyone has an account. Pretty sweet deal... $110 for the season, you basically get every league that has a broadcast, and blackout rules don't apply. Was watching WHL games all weekend!

Not sure of the full "legality" of such... ;-)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
pathetic.
this is 2014 not 1980.

what the hell is nesn plus for then??

PRESEASON GAMES ON THE AIRWAVES: NESN will televise two of the seven Bruins preseason games this year (9/30 vs. Islanders and 10/4 vs. Red Wings), while the NHL Network will carry three games (9/26 at Washington, 9/30 vs. Islanders and 10/4 vs. Red Wings). Dave Goucher and Bob Beers will call four games total beginning with the preseason opener at Montreal on 9/23 and the three home games at TD Garden (9/24, 9/30 and 10/4).

Zdeno33Lucic*

Woot I live in montreal so i can watch it on RDS

Are they playing in montreal or boston?

And anyone know the lineups yet?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I remember watching a preseason game against the Islanders on the B's website post lockout.

Murray scored.

The quality was abysmal.

And yes, a Bruins pre-season game would likely beat a Sox game at this juncture of the season so if not on NESN plus, why not?

Cost of broadcasting versus projected revenue I'd have to imagine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad