Any 80s/90s era gloves that still hold up today?

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
I am a goalie, but occasionally play out with my kids/friends etc. My crappy WinnWell gloves (hand-me-downs from a friend) are toast so I'd like to replace them. Just for fun I'd prefer to get some 80s/90s vintage gloves in decent shape rather than buy a new set. Are there any with a design that holds up well today and don't weigh a ton? Wondering about the Gretzky 686 Jofas or Easton GX9500s, but open to other suggestions.

althoma1

Nov 21, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I've been looking for an old pair of Coopers or Sherwoods to wear just for fun. I check ebay and sideline swap every few days but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. If you're just messing around or playing beer league almost anything should hold up. I'm looking for ones even older than the 80's just to wear in beer league for a laugh.

Find an old pair of 90's vintage Louisville TPS gloves. I had a pair I bought sometime in the 90's I used to wear and were great. They're heavier than current models due to the leather, but not my much, and they're very comfortable. I wore the palm out numerous times before I bought a more modern pair and always loved them.

I have an old Gretzky style Jofa helmet which is marginally too small for me, but I still enjoy wearing from time to time.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad