Any 80s/90s era gloves that still hold up today?

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by McGuillicuddy, May 14, 2020.

1. McGuillicuddy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I am a goalie, but occasionally play out with my kids/friends etc. My crappy WinnWell gloves (hand-me-downs from a friend) are toast so I'd like to replace them. Just for fun I'd prefer to get some 80s/90s vintage gloves in decent shape rather than buy a new set. Are there any with a design that holds up well today and don't weigh a ton? Wondering about the Gretzky 686 Jofas or Easton GX9500s, but open to other suggestions.

2. HansonBro Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    The last discussion I had about gloves the guy said

"I was gonna slash you untill I saw you have no palms"

So yeah I'm no help

tarheelhockey and Fixxer like this.
  3. althoma1 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. Toonces The beer kitty

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Production
    I've been looking for an old pair of Coopers or Sherwoods to wear just for fun. I check ebay and sideline swap every few days but nothing has really jumped out at me yet. If you're just messing around or playing beer league almost anything should hold up. I'm looking for ones even older than the 80's just to wear in beer league for a laugh.

Find an old pair of 90's vintage Louisville TPS gloves. I had a pair I bought sometime in the 90's I used to wear and were great. They're heavier than current models due to the leather, but not my much, and they're very comfortable. I wore the palm out numerous times before I bought a more modern pair and always loved them.

I have an old Gretzky style Jofa helmet which is marginally too small for me, but I still enjoy wearing from time to time.