Confirmed Signing with Link: Antti Suomela signs 1 year ELC with San Jose Sharks

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Damn, Shin Larsson putting in work for the Sharks. Doing his part to get them a lot of quality bottom 6 forwards in Donskoi, Sorenson, Karlsson. Have to believe its a good indicator that Suomela can carve out a nice NHL career also with that kind of track record.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly SJ has better weather than SoCal. Never deathly hot like LA.

Depends on the part of So Cal though. The part of LA that I lived, it never got above low 90's (I barely ever used my air conditioner since my condo faced away from the sun) and got to mid 60's in the winter. But there are parts of LA that are horrible. And that's not counting the beach areas in So Cal either. I'm not too sure about San Jose, I lived a bit north of there for a while (Daly City) and absolutely hated it there (I realize that's SF/Bay Area weather and not the same as San Jose). To be fair though, I like the heat and hate the cold...

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Depends on the part of So Cal though. The part of LA that I lived, it never got above low 90's (I barely ever used my air conditioner since my condo faced away from the sun) and got to mid 60's in the winter. But there are parts of LA that are horrible. And that's not counting the beach areas in So Cal either. I'm not too sure about San Jose, I lived a bit north of there for a while (Daly City) and absolutely hated it there (I realize that's SF/Bay Area weather and not the same as San Jose). To be fair though, I like the heat and hate the cold...
Yeah I live in Sac and have family in SJ. Now that I’m thinking about it, it does get hot in San Jose but it’s super close to beaches but it’s not too bad

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah I live in Sac and have family in SJ. Now that I’m thinking about it, it does get hot in San Jose but it’s super close to beaches but it’s not too bad

Yeah, I've heard it can get to triple digits there in the summer (probably during heat waves and probably not often). I used to visit family there but we'd only go during Thanksgiving or Christmas... so it was cold. In the 7 years I lived in LA/Pasadena area, it never hit triple digits... during heat waves it would get close though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, I've heard it can get to triple digits there in the summer (probably during heat waves and probably not often). I used to visit family there but we'd only go during Thanksgiving or Christmas... so it was cold. In the 7 years I lived in LA/Pasadena area, it never hit triple digits... during heat waves it would get close though.
Yeah Sac gets in triple digits from June-September. So SJ is much better than that.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Looks like he has improved his numbers in Liiga each season. I don’t know anything about him but based on SJ’s ability to add players from overseas like this (Donskoi,Karlsson), I am excited about this addition

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Honestly SJ has better weather than SoCal. Never deathly hot like LA.

Deadly hot like LA? Have you every been there? Having grown up there and living here, it gets hotter in SJ - and neither is deadly hot.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Actually San Jose in NoCal, but still not bad weather :D

Technically SJ is central Cal (as is SF) but lots of people forget the real estate between here and Oregon. Its like those Spanish maps from the 1700s where the land lines just fade into nothingness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad