Antti Raanta

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
i think we all want a healthy Raanta as our #1. I've been voicing my doubts about Domingue as a NHL goalie for awhile.

In all honesty Domingue never should have made it out of the AHL to begin with. The only reason he's there now is the ownership is desperate to recoup something from the time and effort spent on him. You guys would have been better off trading him or cutting him outright and picking up a free agent. His biggest problem is an odd mix of overconfidence and being emotionally fragile. If he has no faith in the guys in front of him he will start to overplay everything acting like he is the only one that matters and end up out of position leading to some ugly goals against. Once you've tagged him early he just shuts it down giving up on the game. Then he gets into a funk and stays that way for 3-4 games before finally righting the ship for a couple games only to start the cycle over again. He's his own worst enemy.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hopefully Raanta is ready for the first Dallas game.

Louie is so out of his head right now. No confidence. He's diving and sliding all over the place. Needs to play calm. When he plays that style, he's been successful in the past. But he's so far from it right now. Should take a page from Raanta's playing style.

It's to the point where maybe you just try Langhamer next game if Raanta isn't ready to go. He's nowhere close to NHL ready, and not at the same level as Domingue, but what do we have to lose at this point considering where Louie's game is?

IMO we need to add some depth in net. Winnipeg will move Hutchinson for free. Could be worth a look. Otherwise keep looking around.

Coyotes - Raanta and Domingue
Roadrunners - Hill and Hutchinson (swap Domingue and Hutchinson if you want)
ECHL - Miska and any backup will do

I assume Langhamer is going back to the Czech.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Raanta looked quite good last night. Great structure and overall game

Reactions: RABBIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad