Antti Raanta - How close to NHL?

CptPicard

Mar 30, 2013
I really like his chances if he's going to NHL. I don't know all of his background but he seems very relaxed even in tight situations and likes to joke around in interviews. I actually saw him almost laughing behind his mask in the Slovakia game, his national team debut. :laugh:

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I really like his chances if he's going to NHL. I don't know all of his background but he seems very relaxed even in tight situations and likes to joke around in interviews. I actually saw him almost laughing behind his mask in the Slovakia game, his national team debut. :laugh:

I think the mental side is easily his strongest side. After all, when going to high levels, the ability to keep your head together is the one that makes the most difference. In NHL almost any goalie, if not absolutely any goalie, can play one game looking like a Vezina-winner. The difference comes from who can do it constantly i.e. keep the head together to repeat it over and over again.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Why isn't it released yet - and if that is true, where will the NHL-compensation go? Raanta was Ässät player until the end of April.
For my knowledge from the 225 000 dollars Ässät will get the 50% from last season, 30% for the season before that and Lukko gets 20% for the season before the last two.
Ok, so those numbers were incorrect. Ässät's general manager Jukka Hirsimäki said that the compensation is split 40%- 30%-30% and the amount is 200 000 dollars so Ässät will get about 107 000 euros, while Lukko gets about 46 000 euros.

Source (in Finnish): http://www.satakunnankansa.fi/Kiekk...rtikkeli/assat saa raannasta hyvan potin.html

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok, so those numbers were incorrect. Ässät's general manager Jukka Hirsimäki said that the compensation is split 40%- 30%-30% and the amount is 200 000 dollars so Ässät will get about 107 000 euros, while Lukko gets about 46 000 euros.

Source (in Finnish): http://www.satakunnankansa.fi/Kiekk...rtikkeli/assat saa raannasta hyvan potin.html

It's $225K. There were some Swedish articles on the Swedish federation negotiating a new one (both federation's transfer agreements expire after this season), they mentioned the figure being $225K.

Last edited:

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Raanta didn't have his average game against USA, 3-1 goal went too easily (although Aaltonen decided to pull off some dancing move to set the attack). In 2-1 goal he was screened badly, Kukkonen didn't move Moss out of the way and Raanta saw nothing. 1-1 goal was not Raanta's fault, it was basically 2-on-0 attack (no-one kept neither the player setting it up nor the player scoring).

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Raanta had another pretty weak game against Russia, he wasn't even close to his average level. Hopefully he can pull himself together and begin to play like he has been in 2013.

Fin9*

Raanta had another pretty weak game against Russia, he wasn't even close to his average level. Hopefully he can pull himself together and begin to play like he has been in 2013.

whatta **** did you watch? i thought he was really solid

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
whatta **** did you watch? i thought he was really solid

Raanta's average game is a lot better than that. It doesn't mean he would be a bad goalie even when plays like against Russia, vice versa, that's still among top goalies in Europe, but on Raanta's scale, that was below average.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Vancouver
Columbus
Chicago
Calgary
Carolina
Three of them offered two-way contracts.
hmmmm

Van will have
1 of Luongo/Schneider
Eddie Lack as backup

AHL
Veteran or #1 AHL goaler
Joe Cannata

pretty believable but I'd think he'd sign in a system where he can maximize his profits/playing time equally. Chicago would be a good bet.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Raanta still didn't find his game. Sure, goals came from complete screens/redirections, but these are that kind of shots that Raanta on his normal day saves almost surely. Two games left, time to pull it together Antti!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad