Player Discussion Antti Niemi (Signed in the KHL)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Why do people assume it’s Price related rather than Montoya related? Man, a lot of piss-poor attitudes around here, 24/7.

The latest news on Price is that his comeback from lower body injury is "delayed".

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
I understand the organization dont want to talk in details about an injury but at some point its just disrespectfull for the fans . Price is the face of the franchise and fans deserve some information

I have a feeling habs will bring that “day to day ” BS for months

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
This probably means price is going to be out for a while. They will keep Niemi as backup and send down Fucale.

Well Price just said he's coming back soon. But I guess they don't want to play Fucale. So, if they need to give Lindgren a break in the short time that Price will continue to be out, they'd rather play Niemi than Fucale. I would too. Although I'd think there will be a better goalie available than Niemi. This isn't the Niemi Bergevin had in Chicago.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Carey says his injury isn’t serious but says it isn’t getting better. We claim an AHL caliber goalie(Scrivens) and are relying on a rookie goalie(Condon).I mean the hysteria isn’t unwarranted. We’ve seen how badly this can play out. Lol
So because that's what happened 2yrs ago, it means the exact same is happening now? lol

OK then...groundhog day seems like a more plausible hypothesis, sure.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
So because that's what happened 2yrs ago, it means the exact same is happening now? lol

People have reasons to be worried. It happened in the past and we got the exact same lies force fed to us, stop pretending like it never happened

Reactions: Umbrella

Charon

Jul 24, 2008
I don't see a problem with this move. Montoya could be out long term, and Price will still be out for a bit. How long would be be comfortable running with rookies as a 1-2 in net? I think it would be better to be starting Lindgren in this situation with the experienced Niemi as backup in case Lindgren falters. Then Fucale takes starts as a Rocket.

So, Lindgren and Fucale both continue to get experience and also get showcased for potential trades, and Niemi's contract is peanuts so it's not an issue on the cap.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I’m not saying it will actually play out that way. Lol but you got to admit it’s got to be sitting in the back of your mind abit. The resemblance is a little scary.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Niemi is trash. No reasons to claim him.
Niemi is trash sure...

But there reason to claim is should be obvious.

- Price is not ready right now
- Montoya has a concussion and is out indefinitely
- Lindgren & Fucale are presently the goalies in Montreal, that's 2 rookies.
- Fucale needs to play
- Niemi is stopgap until Price is ready to go
- Once Price is back, Niemi will either stay (depending on Montoya's status
- Or Lindgren will continue to backup Price and Niemi will be waived, again.

Reactions: Strat

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Why do people assume it’s Price related rather than Montoya related? Man, a lot of piss-poor attitudes around here, 24/7.

Well Price just announced he wasn't skating for the next couple of days, so we can assume probably no start for a week for him.
Montoya could have gotten a setback, and I believe we go on a little trip next week, so probably just to bring an extra goalie around and leave Fucale so he can play in Laval.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

At the time, Scrivens was a short time solution also. Price was day to Day for a while before they said he was done iirc

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
People have reasons to be worried. It happened in the past and we got the exact same lies force fed to us, stop pretending like it never happened
So what you're saying is that Carey Price is currently lying to us about the severity of his injury?

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I don't see a problem with this move. Montoya could be out long term, and Price will still be out for a bit. How long would be be comfortable running with rookies as a 1-2 in net? I think it would be better to be starting Lindgren in this situation with the experienced Niemi as backup in case Lindgren falters. Then Fucale takes starts as a Rocket.

So, Lindgren and Fucale both continue to get experience and also get showcased for potential trades, and Niemi's contract is peanuts so it's not an issue on the cap.
Niemi has been garbage this year

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
At the time, Scrivens was a short time solution also. Price was day to Day for a while before they said he was done iirc
Carey Price has said his current injury, is not related to the one from 2yrs ago.

Could he be lying?

Sure...maybe he is lol

But i'll go ahead and take him at his word that it's a minor injury that needs a bit more time to heal.

The claim of Niemi has more to do with Montoya, then it does Price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad