Prospect Info: Anton Wahlberg, C/LW, Malmo (J20) - Selection 39OA, 2023 (Signed to 3 year ELC), Assigned to Roch 3/24/24

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Theres an eclipse today...
Screenshot_20240408_112300_X.jpg

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is gonna be running 3 Honda Civic's with spoon engines. On top of that he just came into Harry's and ordered 3 t66 turbo's with NOS's and a Motec System Exhaust.​

The race wars I can get behind

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What is it with European players especially Swedish guys coming over and producing more in NA? Seems like the perfect pick so far in terms of need and draft position
Adams and co killed the first 2 picks on need. Benson was both incredible offensive threat gifts and mature two-way game who should've been a top 5 pick in 90% of drafts. Wahlberg, size and d acumen. (then my favorite day 2 defensive dman Strbak was next, but he's a couple years away)

I want them to draft similarly this year too. Size and d-acumen. Silayev and Boilard would be great.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Adams and co killed the first 2 picks on need. Benson was both incredible offensive threat gifts and mature two-way game who should've been a top 5 pick in 90% of drafts. Wahlberg, size and d acumen. (then my favorite day 2 defensive dman Strbak was next, but he's a couple years away)

I want them to draft similarly this year too. Size and d-acumen. Silayev and Boilard would be great.
I like silayev and think he will be a steal if he slides he is playing in the khl so I feel the concerns for stunted growth are overblown but I like yammy at first I thought he would be a risto clone but it seems he cleaned up his decision making as the season grew, offensively gifted, nasty with size at 6'3 his skating is alright not Dickinson needs to clean up his edges for better gap control but I would like him as our pick because there would be no need to rush him like risto and allow him to flesh out his game without a crushing pressure to handle top pairing minutes and assignments and ruin him he could become what we wanted risto to be. It's a shame how he was developed wasn't afforded a talented forward core to work with and played to keep his head above water I feel like he would have turned out better if he wasn't rushed to be a no.1 right away

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
What is it with European players especially Swedish guys coming over and producing more in NA? Seems like the perfect pick so far in terms of need and draft position
For the most part they get lower minutes as 17/18yo playing in a pro league. They acclimate vs men and are then ready when they come over.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
For the most part they get lower minutes as 17/18yo playing in a pro league. They acclimate vs men and are then ready when they come over.
Thank you haven't caught any Rochester games, how much toi is he getting compared to the shl?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thank you haven't caught any Rochester games, how much toi is he getting compared to the shl?

Not sure a firm count since the AHL is a slice above a beer league and can't publish TOI info (they used to on the media stat site that doesn't work any more), but he's been on the line with Jobst and Mersch, 2nd PP so probably something in the low teens?

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Not sure a firm count since the AHL is a slice above a beer league and can't publish TOI info (they used to on the media stat site that doesn't work any more), but he's been on the line with Jobst and Mersch, 2nd PP so probably something in the low teens?
Ah I see probably around like 13 minutes which is seems like 3rd line

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I definitely wasn’t expecting Wahlberg to jump in and immediately contribute at the level he has so far. Very nice end to the season for him.
I know right, 2nd round guy gets his elc and is already producing in the ahl towards the end of his d+1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad