Injury Report: Anton Stralman

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
He took a Joe Thornton slap shot to his upper-body and left the game doubled over in pain. We will update you more on Stralman's condition once more is known. Nov 13 - 10:52 AM
Source: Tampa Bay Times

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
He took a Joe Thornton slap shot to his upper-body and left the game doubled over in pain. We will update you more on Stralman's condition once more is known. Nov 13 - 10:52 AM
Source: Tampa Bay Times

That's backwards. He took the slap shot and Thornton blocked it.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
If Stralman is injured would have liked to see Blujus called up instead of Witkowski. Too bad Blujus suffered an injury earlier this year and he has only played in 7 games. Blujus literally just came back for Saturday's game after missing a couple of weeks. His stat line looks pretty good: 7 games 4 points and +2 while Witko is 11 games 3 points and +4.

Blujus is 22 and Witko is 26 and will be a career tweener/AHL'r. Blujus needs a call up at some point this year to continue his progression. Barring any injuries I think Blujus will be solid in his transition to the bigs.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If we're down Stralman you know we are going 11/7 to spread the despair around.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Stralman out for at least 3 games.

Our D is looking pretty soft right now, even with a healthy Stralman. It sucks and not sure how it would be done but I wish we'd make a move for a top 4.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Our D is looking pretty soft right now, even with a healthy Stralman. It sucks and not sure how it would be done but I wish we'd make a move for a top 4.

Not with Coburn and Garrison's combined 8.3m salary eating up our cap, we need the forwards to pick up the slack defensively but most of them are content on floating in the d-zone waiting for someone else to win a board battle and get them the puck.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

When healthy we have 6 top 4 defenders, 3 top pair guys too. The loss of Stralman is fine as Sustr easily slides into his place, Nesterov brings the unit down but the D isn't the problem. Bishop is what's wrong with the team and why we aren't playing well. Once the stop playing him so damn much this team is going to go on a serious run and finally be Stanley Cup contenders for the first time in awhile.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
When healthy we have 6 top 4 defenders, 3 top pair guys too. The loss of Stralman is fine as Sustr easily slides into his place, Nesterov brings the unit down but the D isn't the problem. Bishop is what's wrong with the team and why we aren't playing well. Once the stop playing him so damn much this team is going to go on a serious run and finally be Stanley Cup contenders for the first time in awhile.

Silly hose, they played him last year and lost #trashlevski

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Stralman set to potentially return tomorrow or Thursday:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...unting-on-another-stinker-bounce-back/2304182

STRALMAN CLOSER TO RETURN: Defenseman Anton Stralman (upper-body injury) was cleared for contact and skated Saturday in his normal black practice jersey.

"It's the next step in the process to coming back and be healthy," Stralman said. "It's a big test to have physical contact and see how it reacts. We'll see how it feels (today), and we'll go from there."

Stralman missed his seventh straight game Friday. He said the plan was to return at some point on the three-game trip that begins today and ends Thursday in St. Louis.

"I hope so. That's kind of the goal," he said. "But I guess it's a little too early to say if that's going to happen, but that's the goal and timetable we're working toward."

Said Cooper, "What's the line? He's out until he's not."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad