Value of: Anton Stralman to the Leafs.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Two cup contending division rivals are unlikely to make a block-buster trade.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Can't see Tampa fixing Toronto's giant gaping obvious hole for them unless they got someone like Marner.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Says a lot more about you when you can't take what your own fanbase says objectively.

What he said was 100% true, the fact that you can't take it says more a lot about you, take a break from the interwebs kid.
what the f*** are you talking about? Mind your own god damn business.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Can't see Tampa fixing Toronto's giant gaping obvious hole for them unless they got someone like Marner.

Giant...gaping...obvious... tell us how you really feel.
I think someone is a little disappointed in how things turned out yesterday and is lashing out a bit.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Giant...gaping...obvious... tell us how you really feel.
I think someone is a little disappointed in how things turned out yesterday and is lashing out a bit.

No. It is no secret what Toronto’s roster is lacking and has been for a few years.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Look, the Leafs had Strålman already. They DRAFTED him, for puck's sake! Then, because management at that time wanted old school BIG beefy defensemen, not necessarily skilled ones who could move the damn puck; Strålman, Colin Stuart and a 2012 7th Round pick were traded to Calgary for Wayne fricking Primeau and a 2011 2nd Round pick. That 2nd Round pick was then part of a package trade to Chicago who used it to select Brandon Saad.

So, sorry, but NO BACKSIES!!! :P

Besides, as others have said, we certainly don't want to give the top contender in our division any help by giving them a solid top 4 RHD.

Backsies are in style this year though... just look at JvR back to Philly.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Your division rival is not going to give the Leafs a good Dman. They can trade him elsewhere and get the same return, all while not helping the Leafs.
So then the same premise applies to Karlsson and Tampa, I assume? :dunno:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Read post 35
I get that but why would the Senators trade the best player in the division to another team within the division? It's been reported that teams out West like Vegas are all in on him so Tampa would have to grossly overpay, which by the sounds of it you're not willing to do. Why should the Sens help Tampa be better?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I get that but why would the Senators trade the best player in the division to another team within the division? It's been reported that teams out West like Vegas are all in on him so Tampa would have to grossly overpay, which by the sounds of it you're not willing to do. Why should the Sens help Tampa be better?
Ottawa will take the best deal. And Ottawa knows Tampa is no threat to them in the near future since Ottawa is clearly rebuilding. But for sure Ottawa would rather him out West.

Everyone knows the Leafs want a good RHD. If you think Tampa or Boston....the 2 biggest division threats are going to trade the Leafs that RHD, you are wrong. Why fill the hole for them?

Common sense.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why give up assets for Stralsy when you can have a cheaper, younger and better version of him in Slava Voynov for penauts

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Ottawa will take the best deal. And Ottawa knows Tampa is no threat to them in the near future since Ottawa is clearly rebuilding. But for sure Ottawa would rather him out West.

Everyone knows the Leafs want a good RHD. If you think Tampa or Boston....the 2 biggest division threats are going to trade the Leafs that RHD, you are wrong. Why fill the hole for them?

Common sense.
You're right but what I'm saying is that I highly doubt Tampa will be in a position to offer the best deal and the Sens sure as hell aren't cutting them some slack on it. Vegas has so much more prospect depth than Tampa, especially after the McD trade.
Think Serge/Point + Foote + 1st if you want him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad