Anton Stralman Appreciation Thread

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, there's about 10~ defensemen who are as good, or better than McDonagh, so what? This guy was our 2nd best defender more often than not.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah, there's about 10~ defensemen who are as good, or better than McDonagh, so what? This guy was our 2nd best defender more often than not.

Seriously. Can we not have an appreciation thread unless it's for a star player?

Stralman played better than Girardi in the SCF. I will miss him.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I did want to see what a McD-Stralman pairing looked like on the ice, but I guess I'll never get to see that.

Oh Well

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I did want to see what a McD-Stralman pairing looked like on the ice, but I guess I'll never get to see that.

Oh Well

They played together in 2012-13 after Staal went down and were ridiculously dominant. A shame AV never tried them together, we might have extended Strålman instead of Girardi during the season (as we should have) if that was the case.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Second best D-man on the team, asinine to let him go. Our defense just got worse. Luckily, Boyle should hopefully be able to handle the puck along with McD. Girardi is awful, Staal mediocre and Klein bad. That will really hurt.

I just detest we let Strålman go and got Boyle instead. Typical $ather move that will blow up in the face, as usual.

Last edited:

InvalidBeard

Aug 11, 2008
NJ
Second best D-man on the team, asinine to let him go. Our defense just got worse. Luckily, Boyle should hopefully be able to handle the puck along with McD. Girardi is awful, Staal mediocre and Klein bad. That will really hurt.

I just detest we let Strålman go and got Boyle instead. Typical $ather move that will blow up in the face, as usual.

And unsurprisingly, word from Stralman is that the Rangers never really had a substantive discussion with his side at the end of the year. Even if you know you wont bring a guy back - and personally I agree with those here that think he should have been kept over Girardi, if that choice had to be made - why the strange aloofness? Annoys me that my team treats players this way. Sather is strange.

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
And unsurprisingly, word from Stralman is that the Rangers never really had a substantive discussion with his side at the end of the year. Even if you know you wont bring a guy back - and personally I agree with those here that think he should have been kept over Girardi, if that choice had to be made - why the strange aloofness? Annoys me that my team treats players this way. Sather is strange.

Very disappointed...I was sure that they would sign him. I've said in other threads that he would take a discount etc and he would've signed with the Rangers if he got terms (with stability).

Well, I was wrong... management had a plan to go somewhere else.

Now I can tell about my source about this..it's one of his "agents", not for contracts but Close.

Still saying that in feb/mar they could have signed Strals for a bit under 4 mill if they wanted to for 4 years...terms and no move clause (stabliity). He never got a real offer...

Ok, maybe the lousy PP will get better... but honestly (i e hard reality) the D and Hank (ok, the AV transition has been great) has been the core for the last years of progress. So...a great D core signed for a couple of years (Staal is still a ?) along with a C and F core which is still in progress or at least at a chance of a potential revival .. I Believe the NYR made a mistake this year.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think the lack of offense did Stralman in. The Rangers basically made a decision between Staal and Stralman, and they picked it. This is why I feel Staal will be resigned. You can't lose Stralman, and then Staal as well.

MetalGodAOD*

Very disappointed...I was sure that they would sign him. I've said in other threads that he would take a discount etc and he would've signed with the Rangers if he got terms (with stability).

Now I can tell about my source about this..it's one of his "agents", not for contracts but Close.

Still saying that in feb/mar they could have signed Strals for a bit under 4 mill if they wanted to for 4 years...terms and no move clause (stabliity). He never got a real offer...

Ok, maybe the lousy PP will get better... but honestly (i e hard reality) the D and Hank (ok, the AV transition has been great) has been the core for the last years of progress. So...a great D core signed for a couple of years (Staal is still a ?) along with a C and F core which is still in progress or at least at a chance of a potential revival .. I Believe the NYR made a mistake this year.

That's really frustrating to hear. Sather must have really been down on the guy.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Huge mistake. It will probably be evident in next yrs standings.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Huge mistake. It will probably be evident in next yrs standings.

I don't know if it'll show up in the standings because we really underperformed in the regular season last year given how good the team was. I could see us finishing around 96 points again. But I don't see this squad going far in the playoffs barring a massive leap forward out of a lot of the younger guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad