Tribute Anton Khudobin Appreciation Thread

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Dobby was by far the best backup this team has had since Turco was backstopping Eddie, and even then I’d probably give the edge to Dobby.

He and Bish were so good as a tandem and when Bish faltered due to injuries, Dobby stepped up big time giving us a trip to the finals.

It’s a shame he never recovered after that run because he brought so much good memories, and sound bites lol.

Cheers Dobby!

736AC503-730A-44E7-BC7E-D76B6B245F1C.jpeg

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
A real throwback in the style department. Those lunging chest saves and at times his complete lack of technicality gave me Hasek vibes. Not too many guys left like that. Every goalie now is 10 feel tall and methodical.

Reactions: MBTendy

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
He was absolutely unstoppable during that Cup run. Loved having him on the team.
I thought he was great. I don't even think we lost to TB because of him, but rather we stopped scoring and looked tired. Yet, when he resigned, a lot of posts around here were that he was only good in the first two rounds, then was average. I tend to believe that if you won 3 series and lost to the champs, you did well. Maybe his save % went down, but they were playing better and better teams. Results are the judge.

I appreciate this Dobby thread. We tend to be brutal (overly so iMHO) to players when they are here, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad