Rumor: Anton Burdashov (Panarin KHL Teammate) to NYR or PHI

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
“Roman Lyubimov” 2.0... except this one has a lot more PIM.

Seems great for a team that needs speed less PK time.

Only reason I can think of PHI signing him is to persuade Panarin to sign.

EDIT: Basically all of what I said was wrong about age and offense. I should’ve read into it more... my bad

Reactions: Devonator

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
anyone have a scouting report
HockeyDB and EliteProspects have a difference of 97 PIM for the 50 games he’s played lol. My guess, based on some others comments (not on here) is that EP is correct with the 114PIM compared to the 17 HockeyDB has.

Update: just checked on KHL website- 114PIM is correct.

A good friend, who lives in Sweden, follows the KHL pretty closely and he showed me the article earlier today before I got on here because he knows I like the flyers.

The connection he gave to when he would play with people on SKA—> “Gretzky and McSorely”.

Although he may not be a McSorely type... anyone that’s 6’3 235lbs can surely do some damaging hits, which Anton Burdashov does. He has “skill” and I’ll use that loosely, but I don’t imagine any type of impact in a game unless it’s a big hit. He has a really good shot, but I don’t know if the same distinction will hold once he faces tougher competition. Not great skating or skating speed, but he can keep up with most KHL competition. He can’t track hits, but if he catches you with your head down... be prepared to sit or be out for a while.

My guess would be:
8G - 10-14A - 18-22P. 80PIM on the right team. *Most likely in the lower side*

That right team would be whichever Panarin signs with. That’s my only reasoning for a team trying to sign him.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Serious Q: How the heck is Philly gonna afford Panarin or any big UFA? Konecny, Provorov, and Sanheim are due for deals this year, and Patrick and Myers next year?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Am I missing something or isnt this ‘Panarin teammate’ thing a bit clownish?

I could be missing something, but other than being on the same team what 1-2 years I’ve never heard about any special relationship between the two.

It’s like, team X wants to sign Erik Karlsson so now they will go after Eric Gryba who played with Karlsson in 2013 or whatever. Ehh what?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Serious Q: How the heck is Philly gonna afford Panarin or any big UFA? Konecny, Provorov, and Sanheim are due for deals this year, and Patrick and Myers next year?
They have ~15 million coming off the books and that doesn’t account for buying out Andrew MacDonalds 5mil contract.

Provorovs Down year drove down his price. Somewhere in the ~6mil range is fine.
TK probably won’t cost more than 4.75 long term. That could even be a stretch. Sanheim is in the same ballpark as TK.

Patrick would have to blow the roof off of next year in order to have a high AAV, Myers will likely be in the same range or less than Sanheim. Hart would probably get a payday next year or two.

With Lehtera, MacDonald?, Elliot, Talbot (resigned), Laughton (resigned), Neuvirth, AHL Players, Simmonds*- Hartman (most likely resigned), Raffl all gone + cap space...

I may be wrong but that’s a little over 30mil and they’d probably have ~13-15mil to spend in FA. They have a ton of space.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
They have ~15 million coming off the books and that doesn’t account for buying out Andrew MacDonalds 5mil contract.

Provorovs Down year drove down his price. Somewhere in the ~6mil range is fine.
TK probably won’t cost more than 4.75 long term. That could even be a stretch. Sanheim is in the same ballpark as TK.

Patrick would have to blow the roof off of next year in order to have a high AAV, Myers will likely be in the same range or less than Sanheim. Hart would probably get a payday next year or two.

With Lehtera, MacDonald?, Elliot, Talbot (resigned), Laughton (resigned), Neuvirth, AHL Players, Simmonds*- Hartman (most likely resigned), Raffl all gone + cap space...

I may be wrong but that’s a little over 30mil and they’d probably have ~13-15mil to spend in FA. They have a ton of space.
Provorov- 6.5
Konecny- 5
Sanheim- 4.5
Back-up/1B to Hart- 3
Hartman-2.5
Laughton- 2
-------
That's 23.5 million right there with Patrick, Lindblom, and Myers looming

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
*Burdasov
In case anyone is having difficulty looking him up like I was.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Provorov- 6.5
Konecny- 5
Sanheim- 4.5
Back-up/1B to Hart- 3
Hartman-2.5
Laughton- 2
-------
A world where we sign Talbot for 3 million and Hartman + Laughton are 4.5 mil combined is a weird one I must say. Talbot at max would be a 1-2 year deal at 2mil. Wild to think anything else.

Hartman at the most may... just may cost 2mil. Laughton should definitely be under 2 mil. I wouldn’t pay Laughts any more than 1.5.

I doubt TK gets 5, but it’s possible. Just depends who the agent uses as a similarity. My guess is PHI uses Craig Smith, Chris Kreider, Max Pacioretty, and Tyler Toffoli as examples. The best comparable in that range with stats and play is Nazem Kadri at 4.5. If I had to take a guess... it’ll be somewhere in the 4.25 - 4.75mil range.

I really don’t know about Provorov, but I’d honestly be surprised if it was higher than 6.5. That’s a stretch in my opinion. Same with Sanheim at 4.5, but Sanheim has blown through the roof. First full season and is on pace for ~40 points will do him some help.

I’m still going to go with:
Provy- 6mil
TK- 4.25/4.5
Sanheim- 4.25/4.5
Talbot- 2
Hartman- 1.75
Laughton- 1.25

20 at max. Those are all fair too.

Hagg could easily be traded and Amac will be bought out. That’s another 5-7 million right there. We’d much rather start Morin who is on a 3 year 700K (idk exact number) deal who is ready to play. That’s not entry level either lol.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Provorov- 6.5
Konecny- 5
Sanheim- 4.5
Back-up/1B to Hart- 3
Hartman-2.5
Laughton- 2
-------
G 8.275
Jake 8.25
JVR 7
Couts 4.333
Ghost 4.5
Gudas 3.35
Hagg 1.15
AMac 5
Hart .731
Patrick .925
Lindblom .925
Myers .678
Morin .700
------
That's $45.817 for 13 guys

2 goalies done
7 Dmen done
9 F done

Add Frost(.895), NAK(.700),=$1.595

That's 70.91 million with 1 spot open. So of course they could add Panarin. And yes you have to think what it means long term when these other kids get raises. But 8.35 million comes free just from AMac and Gudas the following year. That will cover 2 of the 3 you mentioned. And at that time, you cut bait with Laughton and Hartman replacing with guys like Farabee, Laczynski, Vorobyev, Kase, etc... Plus the cap goes up every year so there will be room. Worst case in 2 years, you trade away a JVR. And use that 7 million between 2 kids on bridge deals if you want. Lots of options.

You don't pass up adding a Panarin for free if you have the chance. And if it costs you a JVR or Konecny in 2-3 years, so be it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah Burdasov is a shooter who throws a temper tantrum occasionally, thinking of him as some kind of enforcer is just lol. He has NHL level shot but not much else so chances of him sticking in NHL are pretty slim.

Reactions: Lays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad