Value of: Antoine Roussel

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
This will be an unpopular opinion in Canuck land currently, but I believe a 'rebuilding' team should look to flip vets that are performing over their heads and grab future assets for these vets, giving younger players opportunities in their places.

Antoine Roussel has had a career year this season. His playmaking ability has been great and he has stepped up his overall game since joining the Canucks. He is one of the key veteran cogs of the Canucks right now, and one of the reasons they are near a playoff spot. He also obviously brings that pest element to his game that can be valuable at times, depending on if he has the support to play that kind of game.

He is on a 4 year, 12 million dollar contract and thought to have been overpaid last offseason, but his performance has seemed to justify the contract for now.

What would his value be to a team who needs a feisty, hungry energy player in their bottom 6?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really can't think of many teams that would buy high on a guy that Vancouver overpaid last off-season just because he's having a good year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad