Prospect Info: Antoine Bibeau: 3 Shut-Outs, In First 8 Games / *1st NHL START TONIGHT! - (Sunday)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Elliotte Friedman Verified account
‏@FriedgeHNIC

TOR called up Antoine Bibeau under emergency conditions. Andersen still expected to play, but distance made it necessary to make the recall.

12:07 PM - 3 Dec 2016

--------------------------------

2nd Reference LINK --> http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/o...nto-marlies-orlando-solar-bears-willie-corrin

I don't that I even think I heard about it mentioned in the game last night...? Anyone else..?

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It was precautionary because Andersen is/was sick. Simple as that.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

‏@FriedgeHNIC

TOR called up Antoine Bibeau under emergency conditions. Andersen still expected to play, but distance made it necessary to make the recall.

it really wasn't that quiet i think there was about 2 pages of talk about in the GDT around 4 or 5 oclock yesterday

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
‏@FriedgeHNIC

I don't that I even think I heard about it mentioned in the game last night...? Anyone else..?

They called him up because of the distance involved in the long shot that Andersen couldnt play.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks., Guys.. I missed it all...

I was kind of wondering if Enroth was being demoted..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Change the title to this, for a regular discussion thread about him..

Three shut outs, in just 13 games.. :)

Last edited:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
bib.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x748.jpg

Antoine Bibeau
Goalie -- shoots L
Born May 1 1994 -- Victoriaville, PQ
22 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 207

RECENT STATS:

2014-15 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
31 Games... 15 Wins.. 10 Losses... 5 Ties... *4 S/O's..
.913 SV % ... 2.69 GAA..
-------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
40 Games... 28 Wins.. 9 Losses... 1 Tie... *3 S/O's..
.909 SV % ... 2.70 GAA..
2016 AHL PLAYOFFS
12 Games... 6 Wins.. 5 Losses... 0 Ties... *1 S/O..
.900 SV % ... 2.73 GAA..
2016-17 - Toronto Marlies - AHL
13 Games... 6 Wins.. 5 Losses... 3 Ties... *3 S/O's..
.907 SV % ... 2.54 GAA..

Bon, Bibeau! : Antoine Bibeau 2015-16 Saves & Highlights - TML

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Marlies 3 - Penguins 0 : November 11, 2016

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'm holding out hope for him as goalies take longer to develop but he's been
The_Transformation_Dr._Jekyll_and_Mr._Hyde_1941.gif
So far this season: either really good or really bad.
Let's hope the good outweighs the bad.

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
Statistically he has been average in the AHL so far, but let's not forget that he is still only 22.

From what I seen, the potential is there for him to be a NHL goalie. His size is definitely promising.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
image.jpg

..."This also may be the weekend Antoine Bibeau finally gets his first NHL start. After a few call-ups the past couple of years where he served as the backup, Bibeau could finally see the ice in a game because of this weekend’s back-to-back contests and games every other night after that through Dec. 19. Babcock says a decision will come after Frederik Andersen plays in Boston.

“My goal is to be in the NHL,†Bibeau said. “I’m really grateful to be here right now and if I get the chance to play it would be nice. I’m here, I don’t know how long, my plan is to stick around, work hard and if I get the chance, I want to prove I can play.

“I had the chance to be here last year a while, so I feel more comfortable now. The guys are great with me, so you don’t have that nervousness. Every time I’m here, you never know what’s going to happen. If I get the call I’m going to make the most of it.â€....

FULL ARTICLE--> http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-couple-of-toronto-maple-leafs-young-forwards

Last edited:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Antoine Bibeau Save - October 23, 2016

Bibeau floors Canadiens’ Bitten in the crease

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I could see him topping out as a decent backup. That might be a bit of a stretch though.

He's going to be a NHL starter, at some point.., imo...

"Most" goalies take much longer to develop into solid, consistent starters.. He's only 22..
Most don't get really good.., until they are closer to 30... and the good ones can easily play into their mid 40's...
Have some patience..

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
He's going to be a NHL starter, at some point.., imo...

"Most" goalies take much longer to develop into solid, consistent starters.. He's only 222.. Most don't get really good, until closer to 30...
Have some patience..

Goalies usually are NHL starter ready around the age of 26.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Goalies usually are NHL starter ready around the age of 26.

You just agreed with me, whether you realize it or not.., so you went against your original post..

You can't set an "exact age" for everyone, because everyone develops differently.. and at different rates..

Johnny Bower never even "started" in the NHL, until his 30's.... and some people wrote him off before then, too..

Rhynne

Nov 14, 2016
Most don't get really good.., until they are closer to 30... and the good ones can easily play into their mid 40's...

Wait what? I can mostly agree with the first comment but the 2nd one certainly isn't applicable to the modern day NHL. Or are you referring to "playing" at all instead of playing effectively at a high level?

Only a handful of relatively recent goalies could still play in the NHL at or above 40(Hasek, Brodeur, Thomas and a few others) but they weren't nearly as effective once they hit 40.

These days I doubt you'll see ANY NHL goalie make it to 40

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Wait what? I can mostly agree with the first comment but the 2nd one certainly isn't applicable to the modern day NHL. Or are you referring to "playing" at all instead of playing effectively at a high level?

Only a handful of relatively recent goalies could still play in the NHL at or above 40(Hasek, Brodeur, Thomas and a few others) but they weren't nearly as effective once they hit 40.

These days I doubt you'll see ANY NHL goalie make it to 40

With tougher penalties for hitting goalies in the crease.. and better equipment & conditioning regimes every decade.., the good ones should be able to stay around a lot longer, imo..

And yes.. I never said there were a lot of really good goalies.. But the ones you mentioned are some good examples..

Rhynne

Nov 14, 2016
With tougher penalties for hitting goalies in the crease.. and better equipment & conditioning regimes every decade.., the good ones should be able to stay around a lot longer, imo..

And yes.. I never said there were a lot of really good goalies.. But the ones you mentioned are some good examples..

I think the main reason we won't is simply the pace of the game. It's so fast now and playing goal requires so much more athleticism than previously that older goalies(regardless of conditioning regimes) won't be able to keep up. It's a young man's game and is becoming more so every year.

I think the only goalie playing now with a legitimate shot of making 40 is Bobby Lou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad