Value of: Anthony Stolarz's next contract

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
There looks to be a lot of teams trying to add goaltending this offseason. Stolarz had a great year as a backup, is 30 years old and looks to be the best of a very weak crop of UFA goaltenders. Florida likely can't afford him without trading one of Bobrovsky or Knight.

What contract does he get?

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Would the cats potentially look to deal Knight and sign Stolarz ?
Knight was given the year in the AHL to get himself back on track without the scrutiny of a team looking to make a deep postseason run.

He is still our future.

Stoli will get the Lyon, Dreidger treatment, and be overpaid, hoping he can take a larger role. Good guy, hope it works out for him.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Is Knight ready to be a 1A/1B to Stolarz next season? Or vice versa?

Put another way, do you think FLA would rather deal Knight and have a ~$12.5M tandem in Bobrovsky/Stolarz the next 2 years or unload Bobrovsky completely (hypothetically) and roll with ~$5.5M tandem in Knight/Stolarz? Trade returns aside of course.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Put another way, do you think FLA would rather deal Knight and have a ~$12.5M tandem in Bobrovsky/Stolarz the next 2 years or unload Bobrovsky completely (hypothetically) and roll with ~$5.5M tandem in Knight/Stolarz? Trade returns aside of course.
You can't put trade returns aside. Bob is going to cost a ton to dump onto a team. 10 million dollar 36 year old with 2 years of term will cost significant assets to dump

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey
Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
You can't put trade returns aside. Bob is going to cost a ton to dump onto a team. 10 million dollar 36 year old with 2 years of term will cost significant assets to dump
Fair enough. My thought experiment was more if they would be comfortable with Knight/Stolarz tandem next season as a Cup contending team. Agree it's tough/useless to think about in a vacuum

Reactions: Chaos2k7

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
2x$2.75-$3.25

I've been working off 2 years 2.75M but an additional year or 500k in salary is a possibility.

Toronto actually makes a ton of sense as they'll need someone to come in and work alongside Woll.

Samsonov likely fetches more than Toronto can afford on his next contract and the lows that happened this year cannot be risked again.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

2 years ago I think they would have loved to get out from under Bobs deal, now I am not so sure.

His last two years are 10 million AAV but only 6 million in real cash money per, plus his NMC will be a 16 team NTC starting next October.

If they go that route after these last couple years I would think he has some value again. I am thinking like Chicago as an example of a team that could eat his cap and would be happy to have a solid veteran for a couple years while Bedard is cheap...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad