Signing(s): Anthony Rendon signs with the Angels (7 years, $245 million)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So I guess LAA’s hope is to win every game 10-9 with their lack of pitching :laugh:

In all seriousness tho good for them. By far the best free agent contract Moreno has given out. Trout finally has some help on the field.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We’re deep in talks to get Kluber, and I hope we get Ryu along with him.

Kluber
Ryu
Ohtani
Canning
Heaney
Bundy

with our offense can get us to the playoffs.

I don’t want another player on my lifetime to be HOF bound and not win a World Series.

Griffey, Bonds, Halladay all time greats ended up with no championships..

Oct 18, 2011
So I guess LAA’s hope is to win every game 10-9 with their lack of pitching :laugh:

In all seriousness tho good for them. By far the best free agent contract Moreno has given out. Trout finally has some help on the field.
At this time yeah you're looking at having to win high scoring games. But I'd rather pay the premium for an elite player than overpay second or third tier guys based on need.

Obviously the team badly needs pitching but after Cole, Rendon was the top player on the market and 3b has been a black hole for a very long time here

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
At this time yeah you're looking at having to win high scoring games. But I'd rather pay the premium for an elite player than overpay second or third tier guys based on need.

Obviously the team badly needs pitching but after Cole, Rendon was the top player on the market and 3b has been a black hole for a very long time here

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s a great deal for them. Trout needed a co-star.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why are people acting as though we aren’t going to get pitching? This team knows they need pitching to win and are connected to various pitchers both in free agency and in trade talks.

Reactions: Cassano

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Why are we acting like the Angels arent going to get pitching? It is because they havent gotten much pitching yet, and they dont have a lot of tradable assets. They really need to get one or 2 of the remaining top 5 starters.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Well, they already acquire Bundy. LOL.

They should go all in on Bumgarner. I think he is ideal #2.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Well, they already acquire Bundy. LOL.

They should go all in on Bumgarner. I think he is ideal #2.
Also keep in mind Ohtani will be pitching next season, so that’s adding another starter right there. It’s been reported that we’re focusing more in trade talks than free agency to get pitching (Kluber, Gray, Price)

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Problem is that all of those teams are going to want close to major league talent and the Angels dont have a lot of that they will want to give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad