Injury Report: Anthony Duclair Achilles’ tendon injury

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Duke making sure he's not traded. Touche, Duclair.

Lmao, first thing I thought was there goes a trade piece.

Though, that’s 3 mil that opens for a bit to help re-sign Marchment and/or Giroux. They’ll have to figure things out once he’s healthy…but that’s also cap space that isn’t being banked for the deadline.

*if he’s just on IR that won’t affect cap space. (Effect? I struggle with those two words lol)

Last edited:

InTheBiz

Oct 14, 2021
Just an absolutely brutal injury. Might just be a partial tear though if he saw doctors and still hasn’t had surgery. Usually they know right away if they need to repair the whole thing. Big fear would be that he never skates the same again. Yeah, modern medicine, but man mentally it can mess with an athlete.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Awful news for Duke. Hoping for a full recovery for him. How many months are these things? We’re 3 months away from the start of the season so hopefully he comes back for the second half?

-ghoste

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Man, wtf is going on in here? This isn’t Huby, Barkov, Ek or even Reinhart. It’s Duclair. He’ll be missed, but this isn’t a massive loss, unless Zito planned on using him to snag a different player, but it still doesn’t lend credence to some of the comments. Imho

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Man, wtf is going on in here? This isn’t Huby, Barkov, Ek or even Reinhart. It’s Duclair. He’ll be missed, but this isn’t a massive loss, unless Zito planned on using him to snag a different player, but it still doesn’t lend credence to some of the comments. Imho

Yeah we have more than enough offensive depth to cover for Duke.

Wrap Ekblad in bubblewrap thou

CoolioFunk

Apr 15, 2021
Brutal, hope him a nice recovery! As others noted, this could possibly open some money to keep some guys at least.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I'm not going to pretend that I understand how LTIR and cap space works, but if Duke is LTIR'd then we currently have $6mil to work with (3ish available now and another 3 from Duke)?

March should be able to re-sign and maybe Giroux on a 1 year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad