Anson Carter unveils Alpharetta Sports and Entertainment looking to bring expansion team to Atlanta

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Cue all the jealous fans of O6 and Canadian teams whining "but relocated twice WAHHH HOW DARE THEY" even tho both times were forced by bad ownership rather than fan support, followed shortly thereafter by frustrated fans of Unapproved Teams making veiled comments about Winnipeg even though it's solid financially despite the overhyped attendance stuff and not going anywhere.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Cue all the jealous fans of O6 and Canadian teams whining "but relocated twice WAHHH HOW DARE THEY" even tho both times were forced by bad ownership rather than fan support, followed shortly thereafter by frustrated fans of Unapproved Teams making veiled comments about Winnipeg even though it's solid financially despite the overhyped attendance stuff and not going anywhere.
I can’t speak for all of us, but I’m happy that they will get a team :dunno:

Teams feel really watered down since Vegas came in, the dynamic of the league (and how to build a winner) is changing fast. I’m curious to see how it goes with a couple more new teams in attractive markets, and with a rising cap.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yeah water down the talent pool more.

The better option is to move the Flames back. Our arena in Calgary needs to make money for taxpayers and that can't happen with an NHL franchise demanding all of the revenue and throwing only pennies back to the city
The city gets rid of an owner that wants to suck the city dry and wants playoff money instead of actually improving the team?

Sounds great.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I'm split on this one, I like that the league is growing but the NHL already has a goalie crisis and adding another team is going to make that worse.

Does it? I feel like the difference between the league's best goalies and the league's worst goalies is closer than it's been at any point since the 1960s.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I live in atlanta and if its anything like the Atlanta braves....its gonna be a whopping success.

They practically built a small city just for the Braves within Atlanta greater area and its been raking in money ever since

Atlanta suburbs are where the White Rich Demographic live, so it lines up with the NHL demographic

nhlfan79

Feb 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It will fail I guarantee it

If Atlanta finally gets its first-ever owner who is actually committed to the NHL hockey team AND they put the arena at North Point Mall, right in the dead center heart of where all of its ticket base is, it will be a license to print money. Atlanta will crush all expectations. It will easily be a top ten market. Sticky this post.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Atlanta finally gets its first-ever owner who is actually committed to the NHL hockey team AND they put the arena at North Point Mall, right in the dead center heart of where all of its ticket base is, it will be a license to print money. Atlanta will crush all expectations. It will easily be a top ten market. Sticky this post.
Yeah atlanta's growth as a city has been incredible. The city 10 years ago is not the city now

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I can’t speak for all of us, but I’m happy that they will get a team :dunno:

Teams feel really watered down since Vegas came in, the dynamic of the league (and how to build a winner) is changing fast. I’m curious to see how it goes with a couple more new teams in attractive markets, and with a rising cap.

Same old, same old disputes between the purists who want to return hockey to the traditions and rivalries of bygone times and the reformers who want to take hockey forward to new and younger crowds who couldn't care less about the past. The first group is always declining, the latter group is always growing, so the owners will always tend towards the latter and this happens in all professional sports.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Atlanta!!!

I'm sure it will work " this time "

mr-bean-too-easy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad