Post-Game Talk: Another UFO shot down over Canada. Nevermind it's just the Blackhawks. Habs win 4-0.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
People are so overdramatic here and think we won't draft top 7. It was the same thing last year where people were positive that we would go on a tear and give up the 11th OA pick for Dvorak and pick 32nd with the Canes pick.

We were playing well last February too after MSL took over, then started getting smoked in March/April when teams were battling for playoff positions. Same thing will likely happen again this year.

Jul 6, 2016
It is what HuGo and Molson want that matters. And if they were going to deliberately tank they would have already taken Suzuki out if he has any kind of injury. I think they have decided to let things fall as they may and hope the Drouin's and Dadonov's create some trade value.

True. But the reverse should be true and non-tankers should stay out of the other thread.
These guys would never demand that to their coaching staff and players.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
My point was that Blackhawks are still in the tear-down mode, if they manage to draft Bedard they'll still suck for years as they have literally nothing to help him. They would probably suck next year and the year after that and then slowly try to get competitive.
Took Mario 7 years to bring Cup to Pittsburgh. Gretzky was 5 years, Ovechkin was longer than that. Generation talent usually go to league worst team. Takes about 3 years before that team is a strong club. Playoff caliber, they stay cup contender for about 15 years. Accumulated into about 2 to 3 cups during those years. On average.

Bedard up there with the Bobby Hulls, Lafleurs, Mario types.

Reactions: Rapala

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Everyone remembers the movie ''the battle of the bulge'', this was the NHL version,''the battle of the boring''. Chicago just has more tanks,that's why they won.lol.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Sure there's a chance anyone from 5-10 will be outstanding, and surpass 2-5 in career success. But most scouting reports / draft rankings i've read place the top 4, and pooooossibly the 5th, as potential franchise players. And if playing worse this year will make us better in future years, then that's what I'm going to hope for. To me, it's no different than wanting us to move decent to good players not in the Habs future plans for picks.

Outside of that, you have a VERY wide definition of complaining and whining.
As soon as Hughes can ship a player somewhere, he does. Taking the most picks possible or a player prospect interessting, The series of wins must stop too. Some teams will ne interrested in RHP, Belzile, Drouin and Dvorak right now. Maybe Dado too.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I'm not trying to give you a hard time on purpose. But the Bedard thread was created for tank narratives. Ignore me if you wish, I don't care.

Don't believe me? Go ask a mod if you are allowed to talk about Bedard tanking in a game thread.

And you avoided this question from the previous post.. How you going to manage it to be 2-5? Tell MSL to stop winning games? What would be your plan if you were the GM?

I AM talking about the game! What, I can't say I'm disappointed with the result!?!?

Remember, if you don't want to read my posts, feel free to click the ignore button on my profile.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Hughes needs to pull something off the roster ASAP to send them into a tailspin.
All he has do is give me a call. I'll sign a league minimum deal for the rest of the season to be their starting goalie. I don't want the fans who are anti-tank to worry, so I'll actually try. It just isn't going to make a difference. :sarcasm:

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad