Post-Game Talk: Another Shit Effort, Another Predictable Loss, Rinse, Repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Nylander is the one who tried to lift MacKinnon's stick who started the breakout that led to the winning goal. I see what why you ask, Willie went straight for line change while 16 and 34 chased MacKinnon down. I guess you are giving Willie a pass, it was poor McMann who got the -1.

And let's be honest here, that is NOT the first time Nylander has done that.

Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
You must have played tough shinny, concussions, broken bones and the odd fight . I prefer wide open up and down hockey. It also happens to indicate the most skilled team, my opinion ofcourse.
I've had an extreme hatred of NHL playoff hockey for quite a while, because it too often rewards teams with little skill but the ability to injure and cheap shot their way to series advantages. Case in point: the Boston Bruins over the last decade. And the many, many, many "Cup contenders" who have won by playing some variation of the Neutral Zone Trap or Left Wing Lock over the last 20 years. It's the ugliest, most boring hockey imaginable, but too many justify it with "BUT THEY WIN"...

Reactions: Confucius

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Short series anything can happen. If McDavid is so great how come he couldn’t get a single point in 3 back to back to back games against us? Maybe the better team has a more difficult path to the finals, any number of reasons. Just like Edmonton this season one 10 game stretch they are 2 7 1 worst team in the league. Now 10 0 0 undefeated champs. Short series is luck, playoffs are hype.

Edit to add mlb had national vs American because they never played a game against each other during the season
LOL, a 7 games series is more than they play each other all year long, it isn't a short series and it's head to head, not against other weaker teams like during the regular season. What does an individual player have to do with a team playing for a championship? Nice non sequitur.
How would a team have a more difficult path if the playoffs are meaningless as you say? It's all luck right? Edmonton's regular season ups and downs have nothing to do with playoffs where everything matters.

Playoffs are hype? I guess the World Cup is hype, the World Junior's are hype, the Superbowl is hype. 🤣🤣🤣

Who cares if the American league didn't play the National League, according to you we still don't know who is better because it's a short series that is all "hype" and "luck"

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
LOL, a 7 games series is more than they play each other all year long, it isn't a short series and it's head to head, not against other weaker teams like during the regular season. What does an individual player have to do with a team playing for a championship? Nice non sequitur.
How would a team have a more difficult path if the playoffs are meaningless as you say? It's all luck right? Edmonton's regular season ups and downs have nothing to do with playoffs where everything matters.

Playoffs are hype? I guess the World Cup is hype, the World Junior's are hype, the Superbowl is hype. 🤣🤣🤣

Who cares if the American league didn't play the National League, according to you we still don't know who is better because it's a short series that is all "hype" and "luck"
But they still only played 4 teams, there are 32 in the league.. it’s ok you won’t change my mind and I won’t change yours.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
But they still only played 4 teams, there are 32 in the league.. it’s ok you won’t change my mind and I won’t change yours.
They played 4 teams that were good enough to make the playoffs and also good enough to beat other good teams. The fact teams couldn't beat them when they were forced to play them 7 games in a row just shows how good they were.

You won't change anyone's mind because your argument is incoherent. Just remember when the Leafs win a cup not to cheer too much because it is all hype and based on luck according to you. In fact if that's what you truly believe not sure why you would watch playoffs at all.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They played 4 teams that were good enough to make the playoffs and also good enough to beat other good teams. The fact teams couldn't beat them when they were forced to play them 7 games in a row just shows how good they were.

You won't change anyone's mind because your argument is incoherent. Just remember when the Leafs win a cup not to cheer too much because it is all hype and based on luck according to you. In fact if that's what you truly believe not sure why you would watch playoffs at all.
I buy into the hype as well, I too hope for a Cup and will certainly take it but I will also know who the best team was. I’m out on this one. Enjoy the game.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Not only that, once you give them up you’ll never get them back. You’d be pretty stupid to do that to make some non existent point.
It’s always the ones that don’t have them that expect others to make the sacrifice.
Yep.

Like i don't buy any merch but I'm not going to tell fans what they should or shouldn't do.

It's funny cus the mentality Shanahan had as a player, it's exactly opposite as a president. Ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad