TV: Another revival headed our way - CBS bringing back Murphy Brown

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
13 episodes for the 2018-2019 season. This is beyond awesome! For those who are too young to have seen the original run, this was a multi-emmy winning/nominated comedy that may be best known for then Vice President Dan Quayle blasting the character for choosing to be a single mom rather than marrying the father & the show actually devoted an entire episode to his statements. I can't wait how they deal with the Trump presidency!

CBS Orders ‘Murphy Brown’ Revival With Candice Bergen

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I am pretty amused by this. When I heard that Will and Grace was returning I wondered to a friend what the next pandering reboot would be and specifically suggested Murphy Brown. I used to watch this show as a kid with my mother, it was 90s preachy (well below the levels of mid 2010s preachy)but a decent enough sitcom. I always found Miles pretty amusing and Candice Bergen was very good in the role.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Literally all I know about the original show is that Quayle didn't like it.

Guess the show's tied to Hoosier Vice Presidents.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Really? How old is Candice Bergen now anyways?

edit - looked it up, she's already 71!

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I don't think I'd want to see a show about characters that were already fairly cynical back then, and see what the last 25 years has done to them given how the industry has changed.

Prairie Oyster

Feb 24, 2015
I don't know if there is a single reboot after an extended hiatus that I have been excited about. I guess Arrested Development on Netflix would count. This reboot is utterly pointless. Roseanne looks painful even if they were able to convince the great Norm MacDonald to return to their writers room. Twin Peaks and Arrested Development might be the only ones that weren't a total flop for me although they don't match up to the originals.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Is it really that hard for them to create new shows?

Newscaster: Norm MacDonald
who as an old school Canadian is completely disgusted by American politics, and wants to quit his job but is two years away from full pension, which he needs because partly he's an alcoholic at home, being a single parent, and his son McCauley Culkin is a millennial and they clash on real issues.

Off the top of my head. Better than Murphy Brown Part 2?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad