Another Reason to Hate Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Besides the constant ball washing of #87 by basically everyone in the league on every channel, something I read this morning made me hate him more. When offered the "C" for team Canada, Crosby called up Toews to make sure it was ok he accepted it. Yes, Toews is a great player and that's a nice gesture, but how about including Bergy in that conversation. Yes, Toews won 2 cups to Bery's 1......but Bergy has a World Juniors Gold, Olympic Gold, Spengler Cup Gold, World Championships Gold, and Stanley Cup. The guy played through injuries last SCF that would cripple most men. He's the best two way player in the game and his leadership is well documented. But don't consider Bergy for the "C" or even run it by him Sid!
p.s. Can't wait for the return of hockey and watch the Bruins steamroll the Pens again in the playoffs and shut up all the Crosby lovers. We have the answer to Sid.......it's #37

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Besides the constant ball washing of #87 by basically everyone in the league on every channel, something I read this morning made me hate him more. When offered the "C" for team Canada, Crosby called up Toews to make sure it was ok he accepted it. Yes, Toews is a great player and that's a nice gesture, but how about including Bergy in that conversation. Yes, Toews won 2 cups to Bery's 1......but Bergy has a World Juniors Gold, Olympic Gold, Spengler Cup Gold, World Championships Gold, and Stanley Cup. The guy played through injuries last SCF that would cripple most men. He's the best two way player in the game and his leadership is well documented. But don't consider Bergy for the "C" or even run it by him Sid!
p.s. Can't wait for the return of hockey and watch the Bruins steamroll the Pens again in the playoffs and shut up all the Crosby lovers. We have the answer to Sid.......it's #37

Well, I suppose if you want to pick nits, Bergeron is an A for his team while Toews is a C. There's a lot of captains on Team Canada...i don't think Crosby called all of them.

Plus I also believe that Toews has captained a Team Canada squad in his international career, while I don't think Bergeron has.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Nothing here,one NHL captain called another NHL captain. You're reaching.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
My take on this is since you stated this as just ANOTHER reason to hate Crosby, had he called all 25 players or had called none at all, you still would have found a reason to post another reason to hate Crosby thread.

member 96824

I heard he puts on his left skate before his right that *******

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Do we know for a fact Crosby never called Bergeron? Just asking because I could have missed where one of them come out and said so.

Crosby and Bergeron are pals. They went on a holiday together. When Crosby was suffering from post concussion syndrome, he turned to, yes, Patrice Bergeron.

I would bet my left nut, no, I'd bet both that Syd has the utmost respect for Patrice Bergeron.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
You could probably make a case for most guys on Canada to be captain and you wouldn't be wrong, it may be asking a lot for Crosby to call every player on the team.

member 96824

Do we know for a fact Crosby never called Bergeron? Just asking because I could have missed where one of them come out and said so.

Crosby and Bergeron are pals. They went on a holiday together. When Crosby was suffering from post concussion syndrome, he turned to, yes, Patrice Bergeron.

I would bet my left nut, no, I'd bet both that Syd has the utmost respect for Patrice Bergeron.

Have you seen the market for nuts lately dom? The return has been awful.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I think Crosby sent Bergeron an email, but it went to the spam folder in Bergy's account.

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
LOL. I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to see something about Crosby being a d-bag to someone. Talk about an overreaction from the OP.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

With this....

click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad