Another Quick End for the Devils

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Another season, another disappointing early exit for the Devils. This season, the team was smoked in 5 games by the Panthers. The high-powered Devils offense scored all of 10 goals in the 5 games.

So what now for the Devils? The entire team is under contract for next season other than David Legwand and Jason Blake, both of whom will not be back. The team expects Chris Stewart to step up and take Blake's spot on the wing next year and will bring in a player by trade or a free agent to replace Legwand.

But what about the rest of the team? Everyone is signed, but if the team isn't good enough to compete then changes will need to be made. The core of this team (Getzlaf, Semin, Vanek, Fleury, Weber, Salo, Regehr, McCabe) have been together for a few years with nothing to show for it. Does GM Rich Epstein continue to tinker with the supporting cast, or is it time to tear it down and rebuild?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
You may not change up your roster too much, but a lot of those guys are still getting better. The best is yet to come I think.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
It's too bad I didn't start Jonathan Quick in the final game because then your thread title would have become a pun.

Regardless, I'd say your team could easily still be among the best in the East next season with minor tinkering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad