News Article: Another Provorov's interview to the Russian media outlet

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I translated for you Ivan Provorov’s interview to Alexey Fomin from iz.ru.
This interview took place right after the game in Prague. Enjoy!

«Молодежь НХЛ не требует больших зарплат — она заслуживает их»

AF: How unusual was it to play an NHL game outside the North America?
IP: Of course, it’s unusual. But let me say this: it was a great trip. All of us had good time in Prague, we have become closer; and most importantly we won the game.

AE: So you had some sort of team building experience in Europe?
IP: we did. We played some golf, we went to see a soccer match (European Cup game). There are so many new guys in Philadelphia, and this trip was very useful to get to know each other.

AF: What can you say about working with the new head coach?
IP: Excellent. There are some big changes in the system, the team plays differently. I think, that most of the players have already adjusted and this system suits Philadelphia. We are ready to play, to improve, and to win.

AF: How have the changes affected the players?
IP: Personally, I like everything. We play closer to the opposition’s net, we are more active. We do not let opponent possess the puck.

AF: Are you allowed to play more on offence?
IP: the most important changes were that we have become more aggressive, we do not allow our opponents to gain speed, to lift their heads. Therefore, we have more puck possession and create offensive chances.

AF: How much time do you need to find chemistry with your new partner Justin Braun and what are your first impressions of playing with him?
IP: We have played just one game as a pairing, but I think it won’t take long time for us to be on the same page. And yet, we have to have some time to get used to each other.

AF: How would you describe Braun?
IP: He is an experienced player, he plays defense well. He reads the game well and is good at puck moving, meaning that he controls the puck and knows where to pass it. Therefore, I believe it won’t be difficult for us to work together.

AF: Carter Hart started for Philadelphia in a middle of the last season and immediately became an essential part of the team. Has the defense become more confident after he started?
IP: Of course. Hart is a great guy and an excellent goalie. He plays confidently, and, I believe, his confidence spread to the rest of the team.

AF: Did AV explain to you why you were transferred from PP1 to PP 2?
IP: I would say, we have two strong PP units this season. It makes no difference whether you play on PP1 or PP 2. We scored in the Chicago game; they will score in another game. The team that has 2 scoring PP units is more dangerous.

AF: Just about a month ago you were without a contract. Did you feel any psychological pressure?
IP: Not really. I continued my training and preparation for a season. I knew everything will fall in place in certain time.

AF: Most of the expert tied your contract negotiations to those of Werenski and Trouba. Did you follow their situations?
IP: Not particularly. In general all of the discussions were held between my agent and Flyers’ GM. I simply was preparing for the season and was spending some time with the family.

AF: It seems that in the recent years young NHL players would like to jump from the ELC to big star-level contracts bypassing bridge contracts. Why is this happening and why do they succeed?
IP: Well, I would say that young players do not demand the contracts, rather the deserve them. Simply saying, these young players have been playing the leading roles and have been very beneficial to their respective teams. They play either in top 6 on offense or in top 4 on defense, and therefore, I believe, these contracts are earned.

AF: Have you planned to avoid bridge contract from the beginning of the talks?
IP: Nobody plans something like that in the beginning. I love playing hockey. I do not focus on contracts and things like that. I simply enjoy the game and try to improve daily as a hockey player.

AF: Are you psychologically ready to receiving large sum of money every month?
IP: As I said before, I do not focus on money. Nothing has changed in that respect.

AF: Why do you think Rubtsov and Vorobyev are still stuck in the AHL?
IP: You better ask coach about that. Of course, I support them and keep in touch with them, but, ultimately, it’s a coaching decision. They need to keep working, and I think they will be promoted soon to the main team.

AF: What are your favotite places in Philadelphia?
IP: there are many good restaurants, theaters and movie theaters.

AF: Roman Lyubimov said that he had visited Rocky stairs when he first came to Philadelphia
IP: I was there as well. The stairs lead to a very interesting art museum. It’s worth visiting when in Philadelphia.

AF: Have you run these steps?
IP: Nope.

AF: Being away from Russia what are you missing the most?
IP: Most important- I miss my family. Secondly, home cooked Russian food. My mom is an excellent cook and I miss everything she prepares.

AF: What would you say to Russia players going overseas?
IP: IP: just keep working, keep practicing, and listen to the coaches. Do not try to showboat, just play your hockey and everything will happen.

AF: How important for you is to play for the Russian national team?
IP: I am always excited to join the national team. It’s a huge honor. I have never missed a training camp when I was invited. If Flyers do not succeed in play-offs, I will be happy to join the team.

AF: What kind of adjustment do you have to make when you come to play for the national team?
IP: The rinks are different, and that’s why the game is slightly different. But I do not think, one needs a lot of time to adjust.

AF: The KHL has started to change rink size in order to make it similar to the NHL. Is it beneficial?
IP: Frankly, I do not know. One must be able to play on differently sized rinks.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
AF: Did AV explain to you why you were transferred from PP1 to PP 2?
IP: I would say, we have two strong PP units this season. It makes no difference whether you play on PP1 or PP 2. We scored in the Chicago game; they will score in another game. The team that has 2 scoring PP units is more dangerous.

One day, Ivan. One day.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, I'd put Provorov in a "forward" role on the PP, he has a good wrist shot and is stronger than his size, he uses leverage well when he attacks the net. Since he plays like a forward on the PP, use him as one.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Barf!

It should be Ghost, then Sanheim. If there aren't 8 credible fowards on the roster (4F-1D PP1, 4/3F-1/2D PP2) then we can consider Provy on a PP unit.

#non-flamingcoldtaek
Cold taek freezing. Supossed to age better because cold slowdowns cellular degradation/growth of bacteria.

Hat tip to Provy, and kudos to PP2

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Appreciate the translate, thanks CSKA!
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad