Another Little Blog I Wrote (2019 Top NHL Draft Prospects)

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
As some of you may recall, a couple days ago, I posted a blog I wrote about sleepers and steals from the 2018 NHL Draft for my friend's website (The Backshift Sports, check it out after reading my post, if you please, he works really hard on it), and asked for some feedback. A couple of you guys took some time to reply, I come at you with a new, and hopefully improved, kind of blog. This time it's about the top 2019 prospects. I tried to make this one a little less pretentious than the last one, and I hope it shows. That being said, I did stick to my style of writing. I should mention that it is better formatted than the last one.

Here it is:
An Early Look At The Top 2019 NHL Draft Prospects By Matt Green

Just like last time, I worked long and hard on this. I spent a lot of time gathering information and watching these players as much as possible. While I may be no Button, Pronman, or some other draft expert, I think I'm getting the hang of this scouting thing, at least from my layman's perspective. Again, I welcome any and all feedback, even if it's critical. I want to keep getting better, and the only way I do that is if you guys help me out with that. I appreciate your time.

While you're there, feel free to check out our hockey podcasts (Light the Lamp). We have fun doing them, and I think they're fun to listen to. Sorry for pimping my shit, but I can't think of how else to get an audience, haha.

EDIT: Sorry if there's a typo or two. I know I left out a "he" in the Lavoie introductory blurb, haha. :(

Last edited:

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
I know its still early but I don't see all the hype surrounding Broberg. He looks to be a very good player and certainly has first round potential, but to say that he's not far off from Dahlin is a longshot. Dahlin is the best defensive prospect in recent years and Broberg has a lot of questions marks in his game, at least for me. Sure, he had a good Hlinka tournament, but before that I had never even seen his name mentioned in any mock or article anywhere. I could be totally wrong of course, but this just seems like the craig button effect like we've seen with players in the past.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know its still early but I don't see all the hype surrounding Broberg. He looks to be a very good player and certainly has first round potential, but to say that he's not far off from Dahlin is a longshot. Dahlin is the best defensive prospect in recent years and Broberg has a lot of questions marks in his game, at least for me. Sure, he had a good Hlinka tournament, but before that I had never even seen his name mentioned in any mock or article anywhere. I could be totally wrong of course, but this just seems like the craig button effect like we've seen with players in the past.

He played great at the Hlinka .. no one needed Button to tell them that.. He was going to get on people's radar after that .. and if you only take that sample into consideration.. especially when Byram has been touted as a top 10 pick for a while.. Broberg would be right there .. imo he was the best D at the Hlinka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad