Another HFNHL First in Detroit

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
One thing many GM's fail to address is succession planning. In Detroit a league first was announced as GM Niece introduced his new AGM Zachary Niece (Son).

While there will be a steep learning curve for Zachary he is up to the challenge. Only time will tell if the partnership will build bonds or whether their differing views on players will be divisive.

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Yo Ed,

I find it interesting that Nepotism is rife within the league. I guess there has been an undertone of it since the league's inception. But now, it is just down right obvious with the Wing GM H. hiring his son. I have heard of this in college basketball but in pro sports it's unheard of. A favourite son of the club maybe not a son of the GM. This is quite interesting. To go along with this, I was thinking could the Carolina GM do the same thing. The answer is quite obviously no and here are some of the reasons why...

1. He must be the butt ugliest GM in the league.
2. He smells smells salty all the time (must be wearing the wrong cologne)
3. His pants is always wet especially around draft time
4. Doesn't have a cool mysterious middle initial. Drew H. vs Dion T. or DH vs DT hmmm :)
5. Hangs out in the sleaziest bars in Raleigh.
6. No sense of humour
7. A Goth when nobody's looking (I hear a libel case coming)

interesting times to say the least.

- Ivan A. Brain

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
One thing many GM's fail to address is succession planning. In Detroit a league first was announced as GM Niece introduced his new AGM Zachary Niece (Son).

While there will be a steep learning curve for Zachary he is up to the challenge. Only time will tell if the partnership will build bonds or whether their differing views on players will be divisive.

When I saw the teaser, I thought it sounded like a Zac-attack... ;)

Welcome to the league, big guy! :bow:

Douglas

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Welcome Zachary! It looks like the Wings will continue to be the nemesis of all us Western teams for years to come....

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario

Perhaps this will be the move that brings the cup to Detroit...

GM Kruegs

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Alright an unexpected twist has occurred and I'm wondering if any of our tech savvy GM's has a work around.

Issue: Zac went to register for HFboards to introduce himself but he's being blocked b/c of the IP. I'm assuming it's b/c I already have an account under that IP it's blocking multiple ID's for a single IP.

Aside from using a proxy anyone have any ideas?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Alright an unexpected twist has occurred and I'm wondering if any of our tech savvy GM's has a work around.

Issue: Zac went to register for HFboards to introduce himself but he's being blocked b/c of the IP. I'm assuming it's b/c I already have an account under that IP it's blocking multiple ID's for a single IP.

Aside from using a proxy anyone have any ideas?

Strange... might be a good one for Dion. Seems he has multiple personalities. ;)

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Solution 1:

Call the cookie monster to eat (delete) all cookies from your computer. Drew, ensure that you have logged off from the HFboards. Once that has happens, get your son to log in.

Solution 2:

Get your son to create a new account on a different computer altogether ie school computers.

THese are first two that come to mind. If i can think of others, i will post. In the mean time, Tony can you think of other things that can cause this?

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Drew, if you give me your son's username i can ask on the Sponsors board whats the problem with it.

Actually he doesn't even have that yet as the blocked IP message pops up as soon as he hits the 'register' link.

I tried clearing cache twice and still no luck so he's going to have to register through a friends computer as Dion suggested and then hope he can log-on from home after overcoming the registration annoyance.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto

Zachary, welcome to the HFNHL. As you may well know that your dad is very stubborn old man and will never give you any control over the team. In order to really test his true intentions, you need to put your stamp over the team. The best thing you could do here is trade N. Lidstrom as this will indicate how much control you have over the team. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad