Post-Game Talk: Another game, another loss

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
if you've followed my thoughts on this that the club even thought Lander was a bonafide 3rd liner and banked on that is even more concerning.

They let an established NHL vet known quantity producer in Roy, walk, they assumed Lander was up for this role.

Typical of Org flawed thinking.

ps Not revisiting this either. Its what I was saying at the time that Roy needed to be retained for insurance.

I'm really hoping Chiarelli's decision to go with guys like Lander, to sign Schultz to a one year deal and aggressively pursue Reinhart were because he had Mactavish and or Howson in his ear telling him they were worthy. That he trusted their words on players he wasn't yet really familiar with when they were. I hope they've embarrassed him enough to turf them at the end of the year.

On the flip side though, I'm not sure why you'd listen to guys who were abysmal failures or even sure why you'd keep people from a previous regime employed, they failed for a reason. It could easily be that the decision wasn't his, just like Eakins decision to keep Buchburger and Smith around to help the transition wasn't really his either. If that's the case then it really doesn't matter who the team tells us is in charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad