Another breakaway goal!

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Another breakaway goal. Time to lay the blame squarely on the responsible party! We got rid of Noel, got rid of the pizza delivery guy, improved the goaltending and upgraded our D pool. Same old, same old...the Jets defensive game and PK suck! Time to get rid of the teams defensive coach Charley Huddy. The only common denominator! Thoughts?

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea, upgrades and coaches gone, and whatever... Buff still plays 20+ mins on the ice. Its never going to change unless he's gone.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
Three problems.

1. Andrew Ladd- Seems to struggle with getting the puck out of our zone.
2. Toby Enstrom- TOO small period.
3. Pavs- The numbers don't lie, and he can't stop a breakaway.

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
Yea, upgrades and coaches gone, and whatever... Buff still plays 20+ mins on the ice. Its never going to change unless he's gone.

He needs to go. Yes, he has the ability to bring everyone to their feet some shifts but other shifts doesn't hustle, lazy. Looks like Orr some games, Hainsey in others. Very inconsistent. If we could trade for: a top 6 forward, prospect and a draft pick, I say move him. His salary wont make sense in years 4-6.

Derfel*

How many breakaways occurred this season with Buff on the ice?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Don't remember the last time the Jets had a breakaway.

Pav is what, 1 for 4 last two games? and the one that didn't go in Hemsky just mishandled it otherwise it would have been a goal I'm sure.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't remember the last time the Jets had a breakaway.

Pav is what, 1 for 4 last two games? and the one that didn't go in Hemsky just mishandled it otherwise it would have been a goal I'm sure.

Ehlers had one in the closing moments of a tie game and back handed a rolling puck off the post and out :[

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
He needs to go. Yes, he has the ability to bring everyone to their feet some shifts but other shifts doesn't hustle, lazy. Looks like Orr some games, Hainsey in others. Very inconsistent. If we could trade for: a top 6 forward, prospect and a draft pick, I say move him. His salary wont make sense in years 4-6.

Given how our other defensemen are playing right now, I would say trading Buff without getting a replacement would end this season's hopes. Whether or not he stays on the team, he isn't even close to being the weakest link.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Another breakaway goal. Time to lay the blame squarely on the responsible party! We got rid of Noel, got rid of the pizza delivery guy, improved the goaltending and upgraded our D pool. Same old, same old...the Jets defensive game and PK suck! Time to get rid of the teams defensive coach Charley Huddy. The only common denominator! Thoughts?

am starting to wonder about huddy...how many former oiler players have made it in the big show as coaches or had any success...he has been here from the get go and I still don't see any improvement regardless who we bring in to play D.....trouba just has not been the same since bogo left, he used to play with an edge to his game, where are the open ice hits that he would look for...they r not there anymore

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Three problems.

1. Andrew Ladd- Seems to struggle with getting the puck out of our zone.
2. Toby Enstrom- TOO small period.
3. Pavs- The numbers don't lie, and he can't stop a breakaway.

Same can be said about Ehlers. Being small isn't a problem, making stupid decisions is one, and the guy who makes the most is the biggest on the team (next to Myers)

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
PM needs to clear house. He needs to bring in his own defensive coach and his own goaltender coach. Huddy, Vincent, and Flaherty all need to go. And to think they resigned these guys to new 3 year contracts this year. Look at the Bombers, they got rid of their offensive coordinator because it was not working out.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
My Opinion...
Our D is terrible. We cant break out because there is a huge disconnect between our D and our offence. Every team knows it too. they forecheck the hell out of us ....and it pays off huge. shift after shift, put pressure on Enstrome and watch him whiff the pass 90% of the time(icing/turnover), or pass it to the wrong wing hitting a jet standing still in double coverage(turnover) while another is skating up ice and wide open. Not just Enstrome but as our "veteran smooth skating puck moving defenseman who gets a ton of ice time"...Its a huge problem.
Or a D man goes for a big skate to the o-zone blue line and then dumps it in to a useless spot where only the opposition can recover, meanwhile our forwards are getting gassed rushing up and down the ice chasing errant pucks and crappy dump-ins.
our back end is a HUGE problem.

Pavs Pavs Pavs Pavs. he stinks now, he has always stunk, and he will always stink.
There is no excuse. there is no argument, There isn't a worse goalie. Hutch may not be any good either, but I guarantee he's not as bad.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
Can someone open a thread on "Assistant Coaches, should we keep or fire"? I do not know how myself, sorry.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
PM needs to clear house. He needs to bring in his own defensive coach and his own goaltender coach. Huddy, Vincent, and Flaherty all need to go. And to think they resigned these guys to new 3 year contracts this year. Look at the Bombers, they got rid of their offensive coordinator because it was not working out.

I wouldn't be looking at the Bombers for ideas on how to run a team.

Just sayin'.

m.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Not 100% sure why the Jets are underperforming. Something is not right with this team. By comparison nobody seems to know why the Habs are overperforming. A recent article points out how the Habs more than any other team dump and chase the puck in the opponents zone. By comparison the Jets seem to try to bring the puck into the opponents zone. The Habs rely on players with firstly speed and secondly skill as opposed to the Jets who rely firstly on size and secondly speed. The result is that the Habs force turnovers and have better control/possession of the puck versus the Jets who force penalties upon themselves and/or chase opponents with the puck.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
am starting to wonder about huddy...how many former oiler players have made it in the big show as coaches or had any success...he has been here from the get go and I still don't see any improvement regardless who we bring in to play D.....trouba just has not been the same since bogo left, he used to play with an edge to his game, where are the open ice hits that he would look for...they r not there anymore

Kevin Lowe said he knows something about winning. :sarcasm:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Has anybody told Pavelec that he is allowed to stop pucks on breakaways?

The funny thing is that Hutchinson faced breakaways in every single games he started (possible exception being the Wild game, only because I can't recall him facing one in that game). Merited little or no mention in the media or around here. Pavelec faces three in the last two games, and it's all anyone can talk about.

I don't get it.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
The funny thing is that Hutchinson faced breakaways in every single games he started (possible exception being the Wild game, only because I can't recall him facing one in that game). Merited little or no mention in the media or around here. Pavelec faces three in the last two games, and it's all anyone can talk about.

I don't get it.

The difference is Pavelec hasn't stopped a goal on a breakaway in the last two games so its getting attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad