Anonymous Blackhawks player from 2010 team suing team for sexual assault by a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
You dont work in a blue collar job or factory I take it? Because it's pretty much like a sports team and guys ribbing on each other constantly. Watch rescue me. That's basically how my work place acts.

Oh well aware incognito is a messed up individual. Great football player but out there. What do you mean by saying Martin wouldnt have gotten wind of this? That incognito was a tough guy and would of beat him up? Probably would of happened but he would of been respected in the room and probably stopped being picked on as much. The coaches even told incognito and pouncey to toughen him up.

Your factory job allows employees to tell one another they're gonna rape each others sisters? Your boss tells employees to go toughen up another co-worker? Gimme a break with that 'blue collar factory job' nonsense. That doesn't happen anywhere except in rare occurrences where the workplace is toxic; whereby the onus to change the situation shouldn't be on the targeted individual.

If this stuff occurred in a bar, yea fine, you just might be required to stick up for yourself; but it's downright unacceptable in anything relating to the workplace. The venomous work environment in Miami was the genesis of the problem, not Martin being a softy.

And yes, I've played sports. I'm well aware of what lockeroom culture is like.

Last edited:

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Your factory job allows employees to tell one another they're gonna rape each others sisters? Your boss tells employees to go toughen up another co-worker? Gimme a break with that 'blue collar factory job' nonsense. That doesn't happen anywhere except in rare occurrences where the workplace is toxic; whereby the onus to change the situation shouldn't be on the targeted individual.

If this stuff occurred in a bar, yea fine, you just might be required to stick up for yourself; but it's downright unacceptable in anything relating to the workplace. The venomous work environment in Miami was the genesis of the problem, not Martin being a softy.

And yes, I've played sports. I'm well aware of what lockeroom culture is like.
I never said ingocnito didnt cross the line along with the other players with the comments about his sister. I'm talking about the rest of the comments and that as a whole him and martin were friends on the team according to everyone else. Pouncey and john jerry were just as guilty in the ribbing.
But Martin is a grown man who should of stood up to them and gone for help first rather then just quit and go public right away. If everything has been exhausted then go public. Obviously he wasnt any good because he didn't last long on the niners.
About the toughening up aspect. Football is completely different then a regular job it's a sport. Do you run wind sprints at your job no but football players do. Your comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
There is a difference between “ribbing each other” and sending a guy texts saying you’re going to gang rape his sister.

I don’t care what kind of environment you’re talking about, literally ANY environment, that’s miles over the line and there is absolutely zero onus on the target of that stuff to be the one to change his behavior.
Your talking about that one specific thing. I never said they shouldn't have faced some punishment. But in this situation it was blown way out of proportion because Martin wasnt willing to stand up for himself or go to one of his coaches or leaders on the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad