Annual What Are You Most Looking Forward to Poll

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Out of the choices given, seeing Karlsson back at 100%.

But really, just seeing hockey back again in any form (training camp, rookie tourney or whatever) is #1.

This summer has lasted forever.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Looking forward to seeing more from our top line this year, especially curious to see how Turris will perform. Also excited for Chiasson's debut as I still have no idea what to expect from him.

It was also pretty clear the Maclean wasn't happy with the way he coached last season, this is his 4th year now and it is time for him to figure out his style and identity.

And in general I'm just excited to watch hockey again. 5 month long summers are excruciating, especially when there is no top pick to get excited about. Hopefully we can get back into the playoffs this year, it certainly is possible with the crap conference we play in.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Where's Zibanejad option?

Still Karlsson and not close.

Karlsson back to 100% is the most important asset that this team could wish for.

It's like acquiring another 1st line/top pairing defender.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wait, can I change my answer?

I'm most looking forward to seeing what a healthy Bobby Ryan can do over the course of a full season, instead of having the entire fanbase trip over themselves in a rabid fury of whether or not he's being used properly by the coach, as he secretly plays through a painful hernia at 50-70% of his normal speed.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
A complete return to form for Karlsson will be one of the best things for us.

Zibanejad's (hopeful) progression is up there as well. Lazar and Chiasson interest me as well.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I seem to be in the minority here, but I'm expecting more from Legwand than Chiasson

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I seem to be in the minority here, but I'm expecting more from Legwand than Chiasson

I don't expect more from Chiasson - it's just that I've seen Legwand play a fair amount but I've never watched a game with the Dallas Stars except when they played Ottawa so I know nothing about Chiasson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Personally for me and by a land slide a healthy Karlsson mentally and physically. Were only going as far as he takes us, if he has a good attitude and he is back to 100 percent this team has the potential to do some damage.

Number 2 for me which wasn't a pole option is Mark Stone. Really excited about him, I think he can be a real difference maker lets hope he stays healthy. Players like him with his size, hockey sense and quick release are very few and far between. His development curve is a bit slower than most players so I think there is tons of potential. Big players also take longer, I think he can be very special.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
My enthusiasm for next season is pretty low, but I'm most looking forward to seeing Lazar potentially make his debut. Maybe even earn a spot.

Also always exciting to see how new players contribute. Chiasson and Legwand should be solid additions.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I'm looking forward to finally seeing the referees call our games fairly and consistently, game in and game out, all season long.

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Karlsson for me but I have to say that I think it's been, outside of Murray having to deal with cancer, a rather positive off-season and am pretty happy that the mood is upbeat going into the season!

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Wait, can I change my answer?

I'm most looking forward to seeing what a healthy Bobby Ryan can do over the course of a full season, instead of having the entire fanbase trip over themselves in a rabid fury of whether or not he's being used properly by the coach, as he secretly plays through a painful hernia at 50-70% of his normal speed.

Must have skimmed over this when I made my first post in this thread.

A healthy Bobby Ryan can put up 65-70 points. He and Turris both IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad