Prospect Info: Annual HFDevils Prospect Rankings #8

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Remember, please vote on who to add as well.

[table="head;width=3000]Rank|Player|POS|Draft Position|2015-16 Team(s)|Vote %|2015 Result
1|Pavel Zacha|C/RW|2015 #6|Sarnia Sting (OHL)| 48/50| Pavel Zacha
2|Mike McLeod|C|2016 #12|Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)| 46/78| Steve Santini
3|Steve Santini|D|2013 #42|Boston College Eagles (NCAA)|55/77| John Quenneville
4|John Quenneville|C|2014 #30|Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)|55/79| Reid Boucher
5|Mackenzie Blackwood|G|2015 # 41|Barrie Colts (OHL)|48/85| Stefan Matteau
6|Joseph Blandisi|C/LW|2012 #162/UFA|Albany Devils (AHL)/New Jersey Devils (NHL)|42/68|Mackenzie Blackwood
7|Miles Wood|LW|2013 #100|Boston College Eagles (NCAA)|35/74|Blake Coleman
[/table]

Blake Coleman added to the poll. Interestingly enough, at this time last year, he was ranked #7 in our poll. Also the rest of our eligible prospects that have not been added to the polls:

[table="head;width=150]Prospect
Vojtech Mozik
Alex Kerfoot
Blake Pietila
Evan Cormier
Ben Thomson
Patrick Davies
Yegor Rykov
Reece Scarlett
Ryan Kujawinski
Brandon Baddock
Ben Thomson
Ken Appleby
Colton White
J.D. Dudek
Artur Gavrus
Jesper Bratt
Ben Johnson
Brett Seney
Nick Lappin[/table]

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I have to go with Jacobs.

It was a tough one, but I really think his game is underrated. Should be an interesting race between Speers, Jacobs, and Bastian regardless.

Adding Mozik.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Good to see Coleman added - he should hopefully go in the next few picks. He was 7th on the list for a reason last year. Had an impressive start in Albany (7 points in 14 games and by all accounts playing well) and could contend for a roster spot in camp.

Going Jacobs - he and Bastian are the most recent 2nd round picks, though Jacobs went slightly higher and had a nice post draft season.

I like Speers as well and while he had a great playoff run, should be a bit concerning that his PPG actually decreased this year. I know he's getting a lot of support (and at this stage, would love to hear more arguments for/against various players) but I would consider putting Bastian and Coleman ahead of him.

Add Mozik.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Good to see Coleman added - he should hopefully go in the next few picks. He was 7th on the list for a reason last year. Had an impressive start in Albany (7 points in 14 games and by all accounts playing well) and could contend for a roster spot in camp.

Going Jacobs - he and Bastian are the most recent 2nd round picks, though Jacobs went slightly higher and had a nice post draft season.

I like Speers as well and while he had a great playoff run, should be a bit concerning that his PPG actually decreased this year. I know he's getting a lot of support (and at this stage, would love to hear more arguments for/against various players) but I would consider putting Bastian and Coleman ahead of him.

Add Mozik.

Bastian, Speers & Jacobs should go ahead of Coleman in my opinion.

I'd put Coleman in that next group with the likes of Anderson, Maltsev & Gignac. It's a testament to how deep our prospect pool currently is, there's a number of players with plenty of upside that won't even crack the top ten, it'll be very interesting to see how these guys develop.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Quick heads up.

Auvitu and Helgeson, by virtue of age, are not eligible for this poll. Lappin, who it seems some people are forgetting about, is still eligible.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Going with Jacobs here. At this point I've barely watched enough of these prospects to make sound conclusions. But I do remember hearing the praises of Jacobs be sung towards the second half of the Sting's season.

Awesome to see such a close race between 3 guys, and I think all 3 are just objectively pretty good prospects. How far our pool has come indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad