Prospect Info: Annual HFDevils Prospect Rankings #12

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Remember, please vote on who to add as well. Now is when it gets important

[table="head;width=3000]Rank|Player|POS|Draft Position|2015-16 Team(s)|Vote %|2015 Result
1|Pavel Zacha|C/RW|2015 #6|Sarnia Sting (OHL)| 48/50| Pavel Zacha
2|Mike McLeod|C|2016 #12|Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)| 46/78| Steve Santini
3|Steve Santini|D|2013 #42|Boston College Eagles (NCAA)|55/77| John Quenneville
4|John Quenneville|C|2014 #30|Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)|55/79| Reid Boucher
5|Mackenzie Blackwood|G|2015 # 41|Barrie Colts (OHL)|48/85| Stefan Matteau
6|Joseph Blandisi|C/LW|2012 #162/UFA|Albany Devils (AHL)/New Jersey Devils (NHL)|42/68|Mackenzie Blackwood
7|Miles Wood|LW|2013 #100|Boston College Eagles (NCAA)|35/74|Blake Coleman
8|Josh Jacobs|D|2014 #41|Sarnia Sting (OHL)|26/86|Josh Jacobs
9|Blake Speers|C/RW|2015 #74|Sault St. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)|37/71|Blake Speers
10|Nathan Bastian|C/RW|2016 #42|Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)|44/58|Joseph Blandisi
11|Nick Lappin|RW|UFA|Brown Bears (NCAA)/Albany Devils (AHL)|14/63|[/table]

List of eligible prospects for the poll:

[table="head;width=150]Prospect
Alex Kerfoot
Evan Cormier
Ben Thomson
Jeremy Davies
Reece Scarlett
Brandon Baddock
Ben Thomson
Ken Appleby
J.D. Dudek
Artur Gavrus
Jesper Bratt
Ben Johnson
Brett Seney
[/table]

I added Kujawinski, Rykov, and Colton White. Kujawinski and Rykov both had a couple votes whereas White had several. As the poll gets to this range, I think there is a lot of players that fit into individual rankings that aren't able to fit in the poll while using 8 players. I'm hoping 10 should adequately address that. Will only add one from here on out though.

Last edited:

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Voted Maltsev. It's a very close race between him, Gignac, Anderson and Rykov for me. All have nice potential but question marks.

Add Colton White and Ken Appelby.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Voted Coleman as I did last round. Still like him better than Lappin.

Adding Thomson though. I think he along with Scarlett are the last of that group with more-than-extremely-slim NHL potential as of now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Voted Coleman as I did last round. Still like him better than Lappin.

Adding Thomson though. I think he along with Scarlett are the last of that group with more-than-extremely-slim NHL potential as of now.

Me too but I voted Maltsev again. I think he has the highest ceiling of anyone remaining

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Voted Rykov, as he got the tools and is making good progress to get those all together, so I hope for something special there. Not to mention that he is expected to be the leading D on Russia NT at the next WJC, since Provorov is unlikely to be available there.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Voted Rykov, as he got the tools and is making good progress to get those all together, so I hope for something special there. Not to mention that he is expected to be the leading D on Russia NT at the next WJC, since Provorov is unlikely to be available there.

Thanks as always for your input Caser. I voted for Maltsev, myself in this poll since I think he's got a really good combination of potential. I also really like Rykov too. I'll be following their progression this season as closely as I can!

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks as always for your input Caser. I voted for Maltsev, myself in this poll since I think he's got a really good combination of potential. I also really like Rykov too. I'll be following their progression this season as closely as I can!

:cheers:

I'm a bit doubting Maltsev's offensive upside, but I think he can be a good two-way guy, needs to bulk up a bit though. Imo, Rykov's ceiling is higher, although he is a more risky pick, but I like that. :)

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey

I'm a bit doubting Maltsev's offensive upside, but I think he can be a good two-way guy, needs to bulk up a bit though. Imo, Rykov's ceiling is higher, although he is a more risky pick, but I like that. :)

It was really tough picking Maltsev over Rykov for what it's worth. There is so much to Rykov's game that just screams out potential NHLer. I'm so glad this was a tough decision

Beastdog75

C'mon Dougie, swat him he's a fly!
Dec 18, 2005
Brick, NJ
I voted for Mozik (in the past 2 rounds as well).

Add Appleby and Scarlett

BTW is there anything going on with Gavrus? He supposedly looked awesome in the WC last year, and it kinda sounds like he's fading into obscurity...

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Not a huge fan. He's got a lot of issues with his game still. One season and 4 NHL games doesn't really erase the last 4 years of development for me. I'm actually a bigger Appleby fan than Wedge at this point.

All the remaining people have issues with their game. Most of which will never have any success at the NHL level.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Goalies are weird and Wedge's career to date has been really underwhelming. If it wasn't for those few promising backup starts, we wouldn't even be talking about him anymore.

There just isn't positives so say he has turned a corner yet, and again goalies are weird and hard to predict.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Goalies are weird and Wedge's career to date has been really underwhelming. If it wasn't for those few promising backup starts, we wouldn't even be talking about him anymore.

There just isn't positives so say he has turned a corner yet, and again goalies are weird and hard to predict.

His year in Albany was very good.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His year in Albany was very good.

But that's just it, it was just a year.

He's had a few poor ones prior to that good one.

Let's see what he does this year. I enjoyed his 4 game stint with the big club and it was absolutely amazing, but I'll do this comparison once again. Scott Clemmensen posted an almost identical stat line in his first 4 NHL starts in the 03-04 season and had 2 shutouts to boot. And then after that, he had three straight years of poor NHL quality goaltending.

If he can give us better goaltending than what Kinkaid provided last season or if Kinkaid can get it together and do it himself, that would be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad