Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils Trap has either forgotten to post or has been busy so I'll just post this one for him.

#1. Pavel Zacha [80/89 Votes = 88.89%] (Added Coleman/Boucher/Matteau)
#2. Steve Santinti [65/92 Votes = 70.65%](Added Speers)
#3. John Quennville [36/90 Votes = 40%](Added Pietila)
#4. Reid Boucher [33/74 Votes = 44.59%](Added Kerfoot)
#5. Stefan Matteau [41/73 Votes = 56.16%](Added Kalinin)
#6. MacKenzie Blackwood [41/76 Votes = 53.95%](Added Seney)
#7. Blake Coleman [30/70 Votes = 42.86%](Added Hrabarenka
#8. Joshua Jacobs [19/72 Votes = 26.39% -- Won Tiebreaker with Joseph Blandisi 40/58 Votes = 68.97%] (Added Helgeson)

Jacobs608.jpg

Make sure you post who to add

Last edited:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Went Helgeson. He's already got some NHL games under his belt and with no Salvador or Harrold in front of him, think he can get in more NHL time this year.

Add Artur Gavrus.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I voted for Wood because I think after two seasons at BC he will make the jump right to NJ and we would have a steal of a draft choice (thank you Jeremy Conte).

But, I thought about voting for Blandisi because he has exceptional hands and the will to battle and succeed.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I voted for Wood because I think after two seasons at BC he will make the jump right to NJ and we would have a steal of a draft choice (thank you Jeremy Conte).

But, I thought about voting for Blandisi because he has exceptional hands and the will to battle and succeed.

Just curious, what did Conte have to do with it?

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
That article was awesome - but I still want to see Wood play a full year at BC before I form an opinion about him.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Can somebody explain why Wood is just now going to BC?

He turns 20 in September - shouldn't he have gone on to college at least a year or two ago? Why was he in prep school for so long?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Can somebody explain why Wood is just now going to BC?

He turns 20 in September - shouldn't he have gone on to college at least a year or two ago? Why was he in prep school for so long?

I don't believe he came into Nobles as a regular freshman and that pushed back a year as far as credits.

He could've left to Boston College and done summer work to accelerate his graduation and entered BC last fall. That is what his parents were against. They wanted him to complete his education at Nobles. Even though he was a senior I believe he only did 3 years at Nobles.

GhostofKenKlee

Here's my rule of thumb. If you father or uncle played hockey and pro sports, you get drafted at some point.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

His dad seem a little oblivious to how scouting and recruiting have changed in the past 20 years. "If you're good enough, they'll find you" is some serious "well it worked for me..." BS. Kids leave their high school teams because they know they need to succeed against the best competition available if they want to prove/hone their abilities. There's a much higher pool of talent for teams to draft out of now, and kids who stay behind to coast easy-mode through inferior programs don't usually get the benefit of the doubt.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i swear this better not become another JP Parise (RIP) situation. the article said wood's dad wants him to do a 4+4 (HS/college) situation, which could mean he'd be eligible to leave. hometown return to buffalo anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad