Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #13: Tiebreaker

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Helgeson finished with 15 out of 62 votes. Kujawinski finished with 14. I felt like it was too close to call and since both got under 25% of the votes, it would be better to do a tie-break.

If there looks to be a clear winner by tomorrow morning, I will start up number 14, especially since between Kujawinski and Helgeson, they didn't even get 50 percent of the votes.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Seth needs to learn positioning and could be Colin White (after the eye thing). Kuja could top out as a 3rd liner. It's a bit of a tie in my eyes but I choose Kuja because Seth is closer to his ceiling

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Kujawinski has a second line ceiling if he can stay healthy and he puts it together, I don't see Helgeson as much more than fringe NHLer or bottom pairing D. If Santini declares this year Helgeson will drop even further down.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
i think in this instance we should just split the spots. i still think it's fine as an idea. it's just a poll anyway :P

I don't think either one is guaranteed to get the next spot to be honest.

Look at Jacobs and Blandisi. They were split, yet Blandisi dropped to 11.

I know I personally would've picked Kalinin over both.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I don't think either one is guaranteed to get the next spot to be honest.

Look at Jacobs and Blandisi. They were split, yet Blandisi dropped to 11.

I know I personally would've picked Kalinin over both.

While i like Kalinin he was playing in a good league and only putting up 25 points. I think he is a 4th liner maybe a 3rd liner. But a guy like Kuja who may end up being the same still has the potential to play up on a second line.

Its a prospect rating and those who have the higher ceiling and skill should be higher then guys who are nearly projected already. Well i personally believe so at least.

Helgeson to me is a bottom pairing physical Dman. Not really much more, i also agree with the post above that is Santini decided to come out and play Helgeson would lose his spot pretty quickly.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
While i like Kalinin he was playing in a good league and only putting up 25 points. I think he is a 4th liner maybe a 3rd liner. But a guy like Kuja who may end up being the same still has the potential to play up on a second line.

Its a prospect rating and those who have the higher ceiling and skill should be higher then guys who are nearly projected already. Well i personally believe so at least.

Helgeson to me is a bottom pairing physical Dman. Not really much more, i also agree with the post above that is Santini decided to come out and play Helgeson would lose his spot pretty quickly.

I'm not going to argue with this, but I just look at it differently.

Kujawinski does have the potential to be a good player, but Kalinin is the safer pick. To me, I try to balance out their ceilings with the likelihood of getting there.

If we were purely judging on ceilings, Wood would be in like the top five. But there's a lot of doubts he can reach that potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad