Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #10

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
we should start doing split votes. i think last round should've been a tie for 9/10 between blandisi and speers, but i feel like we should do that with this round, especially if it stays as tight as it seems

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Blandisi would have won last round if the vote time limit had been longer. I think some people are on the fence about him. I have Blandisi ranked very close to Wood, in my opinion it could go either way. However I don't believe Hrabarenka is as high as people project him. He should be after these two.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
we should start doing split votes. i think last round should've been a tie for 9/10 between blandisi and speers, but i feel like we should do that with this round, especially if it stays as tight as it seems

Honestly, it would take forever. As you can see, if I put Blandisi at #9, it wouldn't have truly been the pick on here because there are a lot of people that aren't sold on him.

Blandisi has been close to the winner the last two times, but has never been the higher one. To me, it shows that there's the huge Blandisi supporters that keep voting him, but then there's the people that aren't sold on him. He tied Jacobs and then Jacobs handily won 40-18 in the tiebreak vote. A lot of those guys that picked Jacobs still did not pick Blandisi -- instead spreading their votes out. Same goes for people who picked Speers last round. So for that reason, I didn't bother with a tiebreak.

If we get three guys in the same vicinity, then we will do a tiebreak. If it's just two players and they get over 30% of the votes, then I will pick the higher player -- if there is one.

As for the post above, I forgot a one-day limit so I cut it off at 10:30. This one has a limit on it so there won't be any debate.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm not comparing Zacha to Woods, I'm comparing Blandisi to Harabrenka. Just because Blandisi is an overager doesn't lessen his accomplishments. It is possible that Blandisi is a late bloomer, like Harabrenka.

As for projections, you never know. Kreider was only playing in high school when they drafted him. Look where he is now.

It most certainly does lessen his accomplishments. If Blandisi being an overager made no difference he would be Colorado's #1 forward prospect outside the NHL right now. Most kids with an NHL future are already in the AHL by his age.

Just last year the reports I remember hearing was Hrabarenka wasn't a very good defender....We all saw how raw and undefined Helgeson was and he is further along than Hrabarenka. That doesn't mean and cannot grow into a good player, but from perspective it means he should be lower on the prospect chart...the guys we are looking now like Wood or Blandisi have accomplished a times more than Hrabarenka did when he was 19/20.

What Hrabarenka achieved at age 19 was playing in the 2nd or 3rd best pro hockey league in the world. Why do people think that playing in the AHL at age 19 is less of an accomplishment than not playing in the AHL at age 19? :dunno:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What Hrabarenka achieved at age 19 was playing in the 2nd or 3rd best pro hockey league in the world. Why do people think that playing in the AHL at age 19 is less of an accomplishment than not playing in the AHL at age 19? :dunno:

He didn't play in the AHL at 19. At 19 he was still in the QMHJL and turned 20 before his 1st AHL season. His 20 and 21 year old seasons were nothing special.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Voted Blandisi all the way, not stopping now.

I seriously believe he'll either bust completely, or make it out of camp.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Alright guys come on, I figure Urbom has to be good enough to make it to number 10?

24 years old, has NHL experience, scored a sweet wraparound goal on Tuuka Rask.

It's a disgrace that he didn't even sniff the top 7. He was our number 2 or 3 prospect just two years ago, now he's not even an option for the top 10?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I need to see Wood produce at the NCAA level before I can put him in the top-10. it's encouraging, but if I hold it against Blandisi then I have to hold it against Wood too.

This is tough. I don't really consider Kalinin a prospect, nor do I know much about him. I think I'll go with Helgesen, his ceiling isn't much higher than what we saw last year but he's pretty safe to be a steady 5/6/7 guy in the league for a while.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No Myles Bell either? Dude scored on some sweet snipes in the ECHL last season.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I went with Hrabarenka, love the kids game and he looked really calm at the end of last year. I am surprised that Black isn't getting more love, I would have voted for him if Hrabarenka wasn't still available.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I need to see more of Hrabrenka. That one guy on here who goes to the Albany games doesn't think to highly of him. Don't really remember him from the last game. I think Hrabrenka is the #8 defenseman right now behind Helgeson.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm surprised to see Helgeson not even in the top 10. I thought he looked decent last year.

Still don't know why he was sent down so we could play Fraser.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He didn't play in the AHL at 19. At 19 he was still in the QMHJL and turned 20 before his 1st AHL season. His 20 and 21 year old seasons were nothing special.

My bad. He was in the AHL the next season. OTOH, Blandisi didn't do much with his 19 y.o. season either. 37 pts in 37 games isn't exactly setting the OHL on fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad