Annual “THEY WENT UNDRAFTED!!?” Thread (2022)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Was also very surprised about Jace Weir. High-IQ RHS defender who will probably play at 6'3 210 when he fills out. Skating isn't wonderful but to me he was a 3rd-4th rounder.

Central scouting had him in the mid-50s so we was generally rated as a 3rd rounder too. The entire draft thread I was shocked he wasn't picked. Must be something else going on.

Reactions: uncleben and MS

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I was pretty shocked that of the Seattle overages, Hofer was the one that was picked and Berezowski and (especially) Gut were not.

Gut IMO could step straight onto an AHL scoring line next year. Best playmaking C in the WHL last year.

Was also very surprised about Jace Weir. High-IQ RHS defender who will probably play at 6'3 210 when he fills out. Skating isn't wonderful but to me he was a 3rd-4th rounder.
Look like he will return to the Czech next season. Was he not invited to any of the camps?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Well, hopefully sometime in the upcoming seasons we will see Marek (and David but I dunno about that) and Kai go up against Daimon when Harvard plays Clarkson, and I can be proven wrong.

Hopefully.

I've always wondered what it would feel like to be wrong.
So now Damon has an NCAA season under his belt, and it looks like I was right, Marek was easily as good a choice, if not better. And no surprise Kai outperformed both of them.

It is a reminder that I really should ignore posts that pretend to know what they what they are talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $40.00