Annoying TV commercials during Stanley Cup playoffs - US and Canada

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Not playoff related but on the topic of cringey, eye-rolling advertising, I'm pretty sure if PPG doesn't lock down their arena naming rights, Pittsburgh will soon be playing in He Gets Us Arena.

Effective use of your tithe, there.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I just saw the ESPN commercial with the Liam Neeson voiceover and I'm annoyed that he didn't say, "Tune in to watch players with a particular set of skills. Skills that they have acquired over a long career. Skills that make them a nightmare for fans like you. If you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will change the channel for you."

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mine is the Stamkos/Hedman where Steve say's to Victor he needs to start saving for college for his kid like he doesn't have millions upon millions to afford sending him to college.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
1714507495585.png

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
How has no one mentioned the "We are good because we believe ugly people should use soap too" commercial?

wtf is this garbage

The progressive commercials where they debate who is the boss is annoying as well.
I don’t mind it, but like with most commercials after seeing it 100 times during one evening of hockey it will fall into the hated category soon

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The first time I got high is the only time I ever saw this ad and I still think about her extremely mangled face to this day.

Anyways uh

What a pro easily the worst. I've seen the Nashville catfish ad like 3700 times and I still smile at it though so good job with that one.
The Catfish commercial using a banger classic song ( the original at that, not some obnoxious zoomerfied cover version) makes it good.

Mine is the Stamkos/Hedman where Steve say's to Victor he needs to start saving for college for his kid like he doesn't have millions upon millions to afford sending him to college.
That ad is fine because it’s so quiet and low key you don’t even notice it happening and then it’s over.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That ad is fine because it’s so quiet and low key you don’t even notice it happening and then it’s over.
Yeah, I like that I can leave commercials like that running as background noise. I wish that more were like that because I always do other things during breaks. Many other commercials are too distracting and make me reach for the mute button.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
If you're AT&T, how do you have the worst commercial of the year, and a commercial reuniting The Office cast... And you play the bad one 10 times as often.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
This is Comic Book Guy level of pedantics but the bet365 ad where they've clearly transposed a baseball infield on a full soccer pitch gets me for some reason.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
No mention of home hardware trying to cash in on the Leafs having a "dewer" in their lineups and making commercials about how they are where "doers go?"

So cringey and pathetic. This is why no one likes to play in Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad