Annoying TV commercials during Stanley Cup playoffs - US and Canada

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The AT&T one from March Madness with the two people singing out of tune was terrible, and somehow conveyed over to the SC playoffs.

It's a shame because the original song they're singing is pretty good.
Be thankful they didn't get me to sing it, I think it would have retroactively ruined the song. :laugh:

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
BP “let’s root for Canada” ads made me wince.
Imagine a lower middle class restaurant chain trying to sell their product my basically saying, "Yeah Canada, we're desperate for a Cup".

BP, as in "Boston Pizza" - a Canadian chain-restaurant founded by a Greek immigrant in Edmonton (no relation to the city of Boston at all). :huh:
Apparently the founders favorite team was the Bruins hence the name. But ya, Boston Pizza, New York Fries, Montana's, Eastside (NY) Mario's....all Canadian companies!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Last year, for a brief time after the Leafs advanced and Boston didn't, Boston Pizzas around here starting referring to themselves as "Auston Pizza".

Surprised they haven't brought that back this year, at least during the series.

Then again, Boston's got no qualms about playing all their games at "Toronto Dominion Garden", so I guess they're even. :laugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Apparently the founders favorite team was the Bruins hence the name. But ya, Boston Pizza, New York Fries, Montana's, Eastside (NY) Mario's....all Canadian companies!
Damn, I can't believe the Italian joint that has everybody doing awful fake accents in their commercials isn't authentic.

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
I don’t do any commercials. PVR all 4 games or use sportsnet app. Watch period one of the first game, watch first period for second game, back to the first game for period 2. Ect

Watch every minute of every game and get to skip commercials. Was only about 10 minutes behind the oiler game lastnight when all said and done!

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I find it hard to believe that playing a 40-year-old Bronski Beat song is going to get me to switch over to Scotiabank. Bronski Beat are richer than they think with the residuals from all those times the ad plays.

My Best-Carey

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The Sportsnet UFC commercial is pretty annoying.

"Fighting is life. Everyone gets knocked down, but fighters get back up. Adversity is the path to glory..."

And I actually like UFC too.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I do NOT for the life of me know what the BetMGM commercials are about. None of what they say makes any sense?

This is BY FAR, the best commercial ever in playoff commercial history:

Mido

Dec 10, 2018
Sportsnet TV ads that tell me to drink and gamble, and then Sportsnet radio post game ads that tell me to head down to the strip club after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad