Celebrity Death: Anne Heche in a coma | Has died aged 53

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they’ve been keeping her on life support to determine if her organs can be donated

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think they’ve been keeping her on life support to determine if her organs can be donated
ya from the article

"Unfortunately, due to her accident, Anne Heche suffered a severe anoxic brain injury and remains in a coma, in critical condition. She is not expected to survive," the statement read. "It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she is being kept on life support to determine if any are viable."

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
This has gone in so many directions..

Initially she was expected to survive

Then there was talk of her facing charges

Questions of if she was impaired or drugs in her system

Now not expected to survive, sad to see it turn out this way, I suppose at least no innocent bystanders or anyone else was injured or killed

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Wow. I don’t really know much about her personal life, but she didn’t strike me as the type to do something like this. Has she had a history of substance/mental health issues? Does this look like she was trying to kill herself?

Not cool putting other people’s safety in jeopardy. Not a good way to go out, and being remembered for this. Sad. I did enjoy her in the few roles that I’ve seen her in.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Wow. I don’t really know much about her personal life, but she didn’t strike me as the type to do something like this. Has she had a history of substance/mental health issues? Does this look like she was trying to kill herself?

Not cool putting other people’s safety in jeopardy. Not a good way to go out, and being remembered for this. Sad. I did enjoy her in the few roles that I’ve seen her in.

Back in 2000, Heche basically drove to the desert, walked about 2 km to a ranch house, claimed she was God, and would not leave. At the time, it was one of highest profile of mental breakdown in the public eye, and it got a lot of press. I was really young and barely knew about the entertainment industry, but even I heard of it.

In an interview about the infamous episode, she said she had a tumultuous upbringing, and she created that "God" persona to escape. She eventually got help and was always professional, but she never quite got rid of the "crazy" label, so there were always rumours and chatters about her, as people always expected another episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This reminds me of Paul Walker’s death, even though there are key differences.

Sounds like she had a severe brain injury and was badly burned, and if that happened to me, I’d hope the universe/whomever you believe in, had mercy and let me pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad