Angelos family selling Baltimore Orioles to David Rubenstein and Mike Arougheti, team valued at 1.725 billion

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
There's no way a full sale is coming before Peter Angelos' death, the taxes on the team's value gain would be killer, likely around $200M in taxes alone. Whereas if they wait until he dies, the cost basis for his beneficiaries becomes the fair market value as of the day he died.

Reactions: Voight

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
There's no way a full sale is coming before Peter Angelos' death, the taxes on the team's value gain would be killer, likely around $200M in taxes alone. Whereas if they wait until he dies, the cost basis for his beneficiaries becomes the fair market value as of the day he died.
Unless it's held in the estate and not paid out until he dies.

Random schmoe

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Shows what I know.

I guess the family is following Peter's wishes that they sell the team so his wife can live comfortably. I had just assumed they'd wait until he died.

Random schmoe

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Good details here from a reporter who would know, has confirmed good sources.

Main points is that they're only selling 40% now, but Rubenstein will become the control person. The remainder to be sold upon Peter Angelos' death. So I guess I wasn't totally wrong about the capital gains taxes and 'a full sale'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad