Angel Hernandez sucks

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
How does he remain employed? I can't imagine the other umps like him very much either.

I know it's a huge paycheck, but mentally could you do a job for years where EVERYONE knows you suck in such a public job? How much money is worth being a joke? You sued to get your good name back and the courts told you, "No, you suck."

Last edited:
Reactions: PBandJ

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Dude just called a balk on A’s pitcher Acevedo where all he did was throw it to 1st. Gives Tampa a free run.

Even in a series he isn’t behind the plate he STILL finds a game-changing call to f*** up.

(Edit: after watching it slower, he got it right. I guess I just assumed it was the wrong call since he made it.)

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He had that classic Yankees-Sox playoff game where he had 4 or 5 calls overturned as 1st base umpire

Dellbeam

May 7, 2022
It's really bizarre that Major League Baseball and the umpire's union still lets him do his job when he's exceptionally terrible at it. How does it make sense for him to still umpire on games when almost nobody wants him behind the plate? It just seems like he's only there because MLB doesn't want to have another tantrum from him over "racial discrimination", when that clearly isn't the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad