Speculation: Andy Sutton

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
"That was my understanding to the comments made from April 8th 2013."

Feaster when he can't figure out why Andy Sutton signed a contract laced with a heavy signing bonus decides not to show up to camp.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I expected another Strudwick but he was actually a solid 3rd pairing guy. His sick dangles never failed to amaze.

My fav player on the oilers. Big, mean, and skilled. He was our best 3rd pairing, I would live to see him and fistric together.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
My fav player on the oilers. Big, mean, and skilled. He was our best 3rd pairing, I would live to see him and fistric together.

Agreed completely, I wish him well and it was sincerely too bad the Oilers didn't have him this season.

He seemed like a good guy who deserve to "go out" in better fashion then this. Alos, I will miss the Dangles, because they were so great.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
i would like to see him playing one more game for the Oilers, maybe at the end of reg, if we are out of the playoffs competition. i always liked his game so much.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It's too bad management didn't get Sutton or a player like him sooner.

Now we have Fistric who is basically a younger version of Sutton and we are benching him to further evaluate Potter in the quest to determine of he can be a #6/7 guy at the NHL level.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
A real shame. Coulda used him this year. I miss his dangles; nobody ever saw them coming.

Turrican*

The Oilers will now lose their 3rd best dangler after Eberle and Hemsky...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Now we have Fistric who is basically a younger version of Sutton and we are benching him to further evaluate Potter in the quest to determine of he can be a #6/7 guy at the NHL level.

Fistric was benched because he got caught one too many times going into no man's land with a big hit. The team then went on a winning streak. Although he should've been back Saturday.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005

Funny...

Sutton was available a couple years before we actually acquired him and when I suggested he might be a guy we coul use...everyone scowled and said he was too old/too slow/too expensive/too dirty...

But ya...your right...we needed him a few years ago.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Fistric was benched because he got caught one too many times going into no man's land with a big hit. The team then went on a winning streak. Although he should've been back Saturday.

I don't buy it. Fistric has been sat multiple times in favor of Potter who goes on defensive zone adventures by himself regularly. Sucks that a 3rd round pick was waisted on a guy who is a perfect fit as the #6 guy on the roster. Now he has been treated poorly by Ralph and will probably walk as a UFA. And once again the team will be in search of a big physical #6 stay at home Dman.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

We also have Teubert, who is a younger version of Fistric...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Fistric is a proven NHL player who regularly dressed for a playoff level team. I havent seen much of Teubert in the 2nd half of the season, I wonder if he is able to take the step to be the #7 guy next year. From what I have seen neither him or Potter are NHL quality players.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

Despite being 2 inches shorter, Fistric has over 30 lbs on Teubert. There's no way Teubert bulks up that much.

It really is too bad about Sutton. Sucks to see a guy go out because of an injury

Fistric was bigger then Teubert is now when he was in Highschool :laugh:

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

According to TSN, Fistric has been out with an elbow injury.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420203

The Oilers announced that defenceman Mark Fistric will be back in the lineup after he missed seven games with an elbow injury.

Sloth Slothersons*

Ya Sutton's dangles were amazing. His vision was second to the Nuge on this team too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad