Andy Bathgate, his future?

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
His name stands out first of all

Don't believe hes in Pittsburgh's plans

Where will he play next year. one more year with Belleville, go sign an AHL contract with WBS Pens

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
His rights were released by Pittsburgh. Apart from that, I know nothing about his future.

He was injured several times in recent seasons, and Penguins officials suggested in December that Bathgate's absence from the lineup made it difficult to assess his pro potential.

"Andy Bathgate hasn't played much hockey for a while," assistant to the general manager Tom Fitzgerald said then. "You look at his numbers, and say, 'Well, geez, he should be doing this or that. He's a first-line center.'

"But he hasn't played much hockey. He's a tough kid to project because of the lack of games he's played over the last 2 1/2 years because of his shoulder injury."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11151/1150292-61.stm

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Watching him play for the Bulls, I never thought he was that good of a hockey player. He was decent for an OHLer but nothing really more then that imo.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Watching him play for the Bulls, I never thought he was that good of a hockey player. He was decent for an OHLer but nothing really more then that imo.

Yeah, definitely. He was too weak for the OHL level, I can't imagine what would have happened if he went pro. Simply, a wasted pick by the Penguins organization that really never had a chance of panning out.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
id have to disagree. i felt he was one of the bulls best players from what i saw and had a nack around the net and scored some nice goals

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

This is pretty much how I view him after seeing him close to twenty times during his junior career. He seemed like the type of guy who is talented enough to maybe be a decent junior scorer, but who never showed anything in his game that made me think he had NHL-potential in him.

Sadist

Feb 4, 2008
Detroit
Well, he just got traded to the Plymouth Whalers yesterday, so maybe he will put up some good numbers on that team.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Had a good year in the CIS with Guelph. Will he ever sign with an AHL team?

He certainly did have a good season with Guelph. Led our team in points, and has turned into an on&off ice leader since his time in Plymouth.

I also went to highschool with the kid, and while I doubt he'd turn some one down if they came to him, I don't think he's looking to make a big splash anywhere right now.
I see him playing out his CIS career then grabbing an ECHL (or possibly AHL - I think he can do it) job after all of that - similar to what Guelph's second leading scorer, Matthew Lyall, did, siging with the Stockton Thunder after completing his four years at UoG this season.

He definitely was a nice added addition to a not so impressive Gryphons team. Unfortunately hockey hasn't exactly been our forte, and he really only chose Guelph due to its proximity to home (and it being a good party school), and he has the chance to lead the team to mini turn-around, so I think he stays here for a while.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
He certainly did have a good season with Guelph. Led our team in points, and has turned into an on&off ice leader since his time in Plymouth.

I also went to highschool with the kid, and while I doubt he'd turn some one down if they came to him, I don't think he's looking to make a big splash anywhere right now.
I see him playing out his CIS career then grabbing an ECHL (or possibly AHL - I think he can do it) job after all of that - similar to what Guelph's second leading scorer, Matthew Lyall, did, siging with the Stockton Thunder after completing his four years at UoG this season.

He definitely was a nice added addition to a not so impressive Gryphons team. Unfortunately hockey hasn't exactly been our forte, and he really only chose Guelph due to its proximity to home (and it being a good party school), and he has the chance to lead the team to mini turn-around, so I think he stays here for a while.

Looks like he'll be playing in France next year...?http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33614
Thought there would at least be a bit of interest from someone AHL or ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad